The new Nerazzurri boss is hoping to continue his undefeated start against an in-form Bianconeri side dreaming of a top-half finish
Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu
Stankovic, Obi, Cambiasso
Alvarez, Milito, Zarate
Vitiello, Terzi, Rossettini, Del Grosso
Giorgi, Vergassola, Gazzi, Brienza
In just his third game in charge, Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni will be without the influential duo of Maicon and Wesley Sneijder, who miss out with knee and groin injuries respectively.
In better news, goalkeeper Julio Cesar returns after his suspension, as does centre-back Lucio for the same reason. Nigerian midfielder Obi looks likely to replace Freddy Guarin in a central three, while up front Ricky Alvarez is back from his recent injury lay-off, and should replace Diego Forlan.
Siena boss Giuseppe Sannino looks set to make three changes from the team that beat Atalanta 2-1 on Saturday. Both full-backs are set to swap, with Andrea Rossi and Matteo Contini being replaced with Roberto Vitiello and Cristiano Del Grosso. In midfield, Franco Brienza is back, and could start instead of Paolo Grossi on the left side of midfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter are unbeaten against Siena in Serie A.
- In the previous 15 meetings between the two sides, only once have the Nerazzurri failed to score.
- Should Stramaccioni's side lose, though, they will equal the club's record for home defeats in a single season with six.
- Siena have won five of their last seven Serie A fixtures.
- This has been the Robur's best Serie A campaign having never picked up 39 points at this stage of the season before.
- The Tuscans' have only conceded 32 goals so far this term, their lowest ever at this stage of the campaign.
- The return fixture back in November ended with Inter winning 1-0.