Team Melli are aiming for three points to boost their chances of winning their group while Merah Putih have been eliminated and have little to play for except pride
Syukur, Hamzah, Roby, Supardi
Solossa, Bambang, Ridwan
Pooladi, Hosseini, Aghili, Mahini
Teymourian, Jabbari, Nekounam
Ghazi, Ansarifard, Reza Khalatbari
Iran will play an offensive 4-3-3 formation, relying on attacking trio Karim Ansarifard, Mohammad Reza Khalatbari and Mohammad Ghazi to get the three points to secure their progress into the next round as soon as possible. Team Melli boss Carlos Queiroz will be slightly worried after a long trip from Bahrain to Jakarta which could fatigue the squad. Several players will be absent such as Persepolis midfielder Ali Karimi, Khosro Heydari, and Pejman Nouri due to injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Indonesia have failed to win in the past four meetings against Iran, with three defeats and one draw.
- Iran's latest trip to South-East Asia resulted in a 3-1 win against Singapore in 2011 Asian Cup qualifiers.
- The match will be refereed by Tan Hai from China.
- Gelora Bung Karno Stadium is the busiest stadium in Indonesia recently, as it is the host of SEA Games matches and 2014 World Cup qualifiers this month
- The last time these two nations met in Jakarta was during the 1984 Asian Cup qualifiers, with Team Melli winning 1-0.
Goal_asia now has its own account, so for all the latest news and features on Asian football follow us.