|Hannover: Zieler; Cherundolo, Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz; Stindl, Schmiederbach, Pinto, Rausch; Schlaudraff, Abdellaoue.
|Bayern Munich: Kraft; Lahm, Tymoshchuk, Breno, Pranjic; Kroos, Gustavo; Robben, Mueller, Ribery; Gomez.
- Hannover last won against Bayern Munich on the 27th September 2008 under the tutelage of Dieter Hecking. A first-half strike by current Zenit St.Peterburg midfielder Szabolcs Huszti proved to be the undoing of a fairly toothless Bavarian side, led by Juergen Klinsmann.
- Mirko Slomka is yet to beat Bayern Munich with any team he has coached in the Bundesliga with two draws and five losses to his name.
- Hannover have conceded 31 goals so far, which is on par with their second-best defensive record after 24 games, achieved in season 1968-1969 and season 2005-2006. The 96ers have bested this achievement only once in their history in season 2004-2005 when they conceded only 28 goals.
- It is only the second time in Bundesliga history that Hannover are ahead of Bayern Munich in the standings before both of the ties in a season. This last happened in season 1966-1967.
- Last week's victory against St Pauli was the first time Hannover had won without their talismanic striker Didier Ya Konan since his arrival in 2009. The Ivory Coast international has been ruled out of Saturday's clash.
- Bayern Munich has outscored Hannover 18:1 in their last four meetings, emerging winners on all four occasions. Louis Van Gaal's Bavarians are yet to concede against the 96ers.
- Mario Gomez has netter four times in 203 minutes for Bayern Munich against Hannover. He recorded a hat-trick against Mirko Slomka's men earlier this season at the Allianz Arena.
- The home loss against Borussia Dortmund was Arjen Robben's first game in Bayern Munich shirt in which he did not record a single shot.
- Bayern Munich are leading the pass completion charts in the Bundesliga with 84.4%, while Hannover are the worst passers of the ball so far this season with 67.7%.
- Thomas Kraft has blocked 71.9% of the shots at his goal, which falls short of Bundesliga's best of 83.3%, set by no other than Hannover's Ron-Robert Zieler.
October 16, 2010: Bayern Munich 3-0 Hannover
The Bavarians made short work of Mirko Slomka's men at the Allianz Arena earlier this season with leading Bundesliga goalscorer Mario Gomez netting a hat-trick. An interesting fact is that the win came on the back of two successive defeats against German opposition for Van Gaal's men much alike the current situation. Will history repeat itself?