The Sicilians have collapsed and could struggle this weekend too as they travel to Genoa...
|Genoa: Eduardo; Mesto, Kaladze, Dainelli, Criscito; Rafinha, Veloso, Kucka, Rossi; Palacio, Floro Flores
|Palermo: Sirigu; Munoz, Bovo, Migliaccio; Cassani, Bacinovic, Nocerino, Balzaretti; Pastore; Hernandez, Miccoli
- Genoa are currently in 12th place after mustering 35 points. They are seven points above the relegation zone and 11 off a Europa League slot.
- The Grifoni have not lost to Palermo in the Italian top flight at home, having garnered six wins and seven draws.
- Davide Ballardini’s side have picked up seven points from their last three home matches.
- The Rossoblu would be placed 17th in the league table on home form.
- Genoa will have the services of striker Antonio Floro Flores after his intial two-game suspension was reduced to one.
- Heading into Week 29 Palermo find themselves in eighth spot in the Serie A standings with 40 points, six fewer than Roma in sixth.
- The Rosanero have lost four of their last five matches on the road but have won the other one.
- Serse Cosmi tasted defeat in his first game in charge of the Sicilian outfit as they went down 2-0 to Lazio last weekend. It was their fourth defeat in a row in the league, a losing streak that has seen them concede 14 goals.
- The Aquile have conceded more away goals in the league than Bari and Brescia. The latter pair are in the bottom three.
- Only four out of 44 goals Palermo have been scored following dead ball situations.
November 7, 2010: Palermo 1-0 Genoa
Palermo registered a much-needed victory at home, thanks to a goal from Mauricio Pinilla on 42 minutes. The Sicilians dominated the match and could have inflicted a heavier defeat on Genoa had they not squandered their chances. The match also saw Rosanero striker Fabrizio Miccoli make his first appearance of the season.