Jose Mourinho's men will be looking for their first away win since the opening game of the season when they face Espanyol on Sunday, who have a 100 per cent home record
Moreno, Forlin, Galan, Didac Vila
Javi Lopez, Romaric, Javi Marquez, Verdu
Rui Fonte, Sergio Garcia
Ramos, Carvalho, Varane, Marcelo
Xabi Alonso, Khedira
Ronaldo, Ozil, Kaka
The home side will be without the suspended Jordi Amrat and Walter Pandiani, so Ernesto Galan and Javi Marquez are expected to be recalled to the starting line-up for Espanyol.
Jose Mourinho is still without the injured Pepe, Fabio Coentrao and Nuri Sahin, while Angel Di Maria is suspended for the visit to Estadi Cornella-El Prat. Kaka is expected to start after his impressive performance in the Champions League midweek.
The Madrid giants may also be without Karim Benzema who will face a late fitness test following a groin injury. Gonzalo Higuain will lead the line if the Frenchman is deemed unavailable.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Espanyol have come up against Real Madrid on 34 occasions, winning seven, drawing four and losing 23 of the games.
- The Catalan club have a 100 per cent home record in La Liga this season, beating both Athletic Bilbao and Getafe.
- In the 2006-07 season, Espanyol lost on penalties to Sevilla in the Uefa Cup final, becoming the only side in the competition's history to not pick up the trophy despite remaining unbeaten during 90 minutes.
- Real Madrid have only won once on the road in La Liga this campaign, defeating Zaragoza 6-0 in the opening game of the season.
- The last time these two teams met, Madrid ran out 1-0 winners in February of this year, courtesy of Marcelo's 24th-minute strike.
- This season, the average time of Madrid's first goal in games has been 25 minutes.