With the Champions League play-off spot still hotly contested, the Bavarians need to grind out a good result in Frankfurt on Saturday
|Eintracht Frankfurt: Faehrmann; Jung, Vasowski, Russ, Koehler; Schwegler, Rode; Ochs, Fenin, Altintop; Gekas.
|Bayern Munich: Butt; Lahm, Breno, Luiz Gustavo, Contento; Tymoshchuk, Schweinsteiger; Mueller, Klose, Ribery; Gomez.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have an impressive home record against Bayern in the Bundesliga, winning 17, drawing 13 and only losing on 10 occasions..
- When the two sides met at the Commerzbank Arena last season, Frankfurt pulled off an unlikely comeback to take all the points. Miroslav Klose opened the scoring for the Bavarian giants early on but goals from Juhvel Tsoumou and Martin Fenin in the final three minutes turned the game around.
- The Eagles are the poorest team in the Bundesliga in 2011 winning only one game from a possible 12, a 2-1 victory over St Pauli three weeks ago.
- Greek striker Theofanis Gekas is the third highest goalscorer in the league this season, finding the net on 16 occasions.
- If the club lose to Bayern at the weekend it will be Frankfurt's 550th Bundesliga defeat - no other club in Germany's top division has lost so many games.
- Bayern Munich are currently unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga games, picking up 13 points from a possible 15 along the way.
- Die Roten striker Mario Gomez is the top goalscorer in the league with 22 goals, including an impressive three hat-tricks for the reigning champions.
- Despite being behind Dortmund and Leverkusen in the table, the Bavarian powerhouse are currently the highest goalscorers in the Bundesliga with 66 goals.
- If Andries Jonker's men defeat Frankfurt, it will be the first time this season that the side have won back-to-back away games in the Bundesliga.
- Bayern have only kept one clean sheet in their last 25 Bundesliga away games.
November 28, 2010: Bayern Munich 4-1 Eintracht Frankfurt
Bayern were convincing victors when the two sides met in November. Antoliy Tymoshchuk opened the scoring before Theofanis Gekas equalised. Thomas Mueller and then Mario Gomez extended the lead before Tymoshchuk grabbed his second of the game with minutes to spare.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!