The two sides meet in the Cup for first time since the Londoners won the 2010 final; Pompey subsequently suffered relegation and administration and lie 17th in the Championship
Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole
Romeu, McEachran, Ramires
Sturridge, Lukaku, Malouda
Ben Haim, Mokoena, Pearce, Mattock Lawrence, Norris, Mullins, Huseklepp
John Terry faces a fitness test on a knock to his knee on Saturday after playing with a painkilling injection against Wolves, but he should be fit to take his place at the heart of the defence.
He could be partnered by Branislav Ivanovic at the back after boss Andre Villas-Boas revealed he could make a comeback. Gary Cahill could well be a Chelsea player by kick-off on Sunday, but probably won't be in the squad to face Portsmouth.
Romelu Lukaku has said that he is looking to stamp his place in the squad with Didier Drogba's departure to the African Nations Cup, and is in line for a role in the team.
Portsmouth will be looking to name as strong a squad as possible, and have placed their hopes on the sizeable shoulders of their 6ft 5in striker Marko Futacs, who is likely to be supported by Dave Kitson in a 4-4-1-1 formation.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Chelsea have won the cup on six occasions, in 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009, and 2010.
- Portsmouth won the cup before their opponents as they picked up the trophy for the first time in 1939, and won it for a second time in 2008.
- The last time these two met in the competition was in the final in 2010, which Chelsea won 1-0 after Kevin-Prince Boateng saw a penalty saved and Frank Lampard also missed from the spot late in the game.
- The last time these sides met was three months after that final, with Chelsea thumping Portsmouth 5-0 at Fratton Park.
- Chelsea have won nine, drawn two and lost four of their home games this season, but Portsmouth have only won once on the road this term.
- The last time Portsmouth won at Stamford Bridge was in 1955, and the last time they avoided defeat there was in 1990 in a goalless draw in the League Cup.
- Since their last meeting in 2010, Portsmouth have suffered the plight of administration as well as relegation, but could have new owners in the near future, according to administrators.
- Daniel Sturridge (pictured above) is Chelsea's top goalscorer this season with 10 to his name.