Two of the top three meet in an eagerly anticipated clash on Sunday as the hosts look to usher in a new era at Stamford Bridge following Roberto Di Matteo's shock dismissal
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Hazard, Oscar, Mata
Maicon, Nastasic, Lescott, Zabaleta
Silva, Nasri, Tevez
Rafa Benitez will be without his captain John Terry (knee) for his first game in charge, the Chelsea defender injured himself against Liverpool and is not expected back until December.
Frank Lampard (calf) and Daniel Sturridge (hamstring) also remained sidelined.
Roberto Mancini has real concerns over captain Vincent Kompany (knee), after he left City's Champions League match against Real Madrid on crutches.
He joins Gael Clichy (ankle), Micah Richards (knee) and Mario Balotelli (back) on the injury list at Eastlands.
James Milner is expected to to be fit after recovering from a hamstring concern.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have not gone three games at Stamford Bridge without a Premier League win since December 2008, but have lost just two of their last 15 home games.
- The Blues have both scored and conceded in their last seven Premier League games.
- Chelsea are behind only Arsenal with victories against Manchester City, the Blues' 20 trailing the Gunners' 21.
- Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez (pictured) has scored six goals in his last six Premier League games against Chelsea.
Tevez is 11/8 with Bet365 to score anytime in this game.
- There have been five penalties awarded in the last six league meetings between the two sides.
- City are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League away games, winning five.
- The champions have conceded more than one goal away from home only once in 11 months in the league.