The Blues have had a poor start to their campaign in the top flight, and with the Reds on a 10-match unbeaten run they will have their work cut out at Stamford Bridge
Bosingwa, Alex, Ivanovic, Bertrand
Romeu, McEachran, Lampard
Kalou, Torres, Malouda
Kelly, Coates, Carragher, Agger
Kuyt, Spearing, Lucas, Henderson, Maxi
Liverpool are unlikely to recall Craig Bellamy, who missed Sunday’s clash with Manchester City following Gary Speed's death. Kenny Dalglish is likely to hand a start to youngsters Martin Kelly and Jay Spearing, while Andy Carroll could get the nod after spending the last two matches on the bench.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have had their worst start to a season since Roman Abramovich took control of the club in 2003.
- Dalglish (right) is unbeaten against the Blues in 11 games as Liverpool manager.
- In the last seven seasons, this will be the 30th encounter between the two sides. Chelsea have won 12 and Liverpool 10.
- The Reds are unbeaten in their last 10 matches in all competitions.
- Villas-Boas’ men have scored in only two of their last five meetings with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
- Dalglish’s men have won the competition a record seven times, with their last success coming in 2003.
- The hosts have won the competition four times, once in 2005 with a victory over Liverpool in the final.