The hosts failed to win their next four games the last time they lost to Manchester United, but Fernando Torres will be out to make up for his astonishing miss at Old Trafford
Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole
Mikel, Romeu, Lampard
Malouda, Torres, Lukaku
Baird, Kelly, Hangeland, JA Riise
Dempsey, Murphy, Sidwell, Duff
Martin Jol may give new signing Bryan Ruiz another chance to prove himself after a lacklustre start to life in west London. Otherwise, it seems likely that the visitors will stay as faithful as possible to the team that drew at the weekend with Manchester City in the hope of giving as good a showing as possible of themselves in the League Cup derby fixture.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- No Chelsea player other than Juan Mata has scored more than one goal this season.
- The last time Chelsea lost to Manchester United, they went on a four-match winless streak.
- Frank Lampard (right) has created more goalscoring chances than anybody else in the Premier League this season, with 14.
- Fulham have not recorded a win in six outings, drawing their last three.
- The last time the two met, in the Premier League back in February, the game finished a 0-0 stalemate as Clint Dempsey missed a penalty.
- Fulham have been particularly vulnerable in the 10 minutes leading up to half-time, with over half of their goals conceded this term being during that window.