The club from the capital have not lost against the Galician side for over 10 years and they will be eager to continue that streak in the first leg of their Copa del Rey meeting
Mallo, Cabral, Tunez, Lago
De Lucas, Park, Krohn-Dehli
Arbeloa, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao
Callejon, Ozil, Ronaldo
Real Madrid continue their quest to regain the Copa del Rey trophy as they face Celta Vigo in the last 16 at Balaidos.
Fabio Coentrao could return to the starting line-up for Jose Mourinho's side having missed out on the 3-2 win over Valladolid with a pulled hamstring. However, should the coach wish to give the left-back more time to recover, Nacho could fill in at defence. Raphael Varane may be rewarded with a starting spot though Sergio Ramos could still feature in front of Iker Casillas.
Having all trained together earlier in the week, there are unlikely to be many changes further up the field with Karim Benzema spearheading the attack while Jose Callejon starts from the right.
Having missed out on a starting spot in the weekend defeat by Athletic Bilbao, Enrique de Lucas and Park Chu-Young are in contention to begin against Los Blancos. Paco Herrera may also opt for a South American defensive pairing of Gustavo Cabral and Andres Tunez.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Celta Vigo have not managed to defeat Wednesday's opponents in front of their own fans in over 10 years.
- The highest transfer fee that the Celestes have ever received saw Claude Makelele (pictured right) move to the Santiago Bernabeu for €14m.
- The Galician side were taken all the way to extra time to progress past second-tier outfit Almeria in the previous round.
- Iker Casillas was involved the last time Real Madrid were beaten in Vigo. A Blancos side also including Raul, Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos were defeated 3-0 in the 2000-01 La Liga season.
- Los Merengues faced little resistance as they cruised into the last 16 with a comfortable 7-1 aggregate win over Alcoyano.
- Madrid's youngest ever goalscorer, Alberto Rivera, netted his first goal at 17 years and 144 days old on his debut against Celta Vigo in 1995. Now 34-years-old, Rivera plys his trade for Elche in the second division.