Dortmund could wrap up the Bundesliga title on Saturday as they host Bavarian opponents Nurnberg.
Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer; Bender, da Silva; Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Grosskreutz; Barrios
Jurgen Klopp will have to do without long-term casualties Nuri Sahin, Shinji Kagawa, Sebastian Khel, Patrick Owomoyela and Florian Kringe on Saturday. BVB have struggled somewhat of late, and the trainer may opt to make a few changes to his lineup. The left wing starting role that Kevin Grosskreutz has occupied all season long may be given to Mohamed Zidan, especially if the usual starter does not recover from a knock to his knee before Saturday. Also, Robert Lewandowski may be selected ahead of Lucas Barrios, who is suffering from a slight thigh injury.
Schafer; Chandler, Wollscheid, Wolfs, Pinola; Simons; Hegeler, Cohen, Ekici, Eigler; Schieber
Dieter Hecking has a near-full squad available, with only Mike Frantz and Albert Bunjaku ruled out of action. Right back Timothy Chandler is doubtful with a foot injury, and may be replaced by Juri Judt. The other question mark in Hecking's squad is whether Jens Hegeler will start on the right side of midfield, or if Ilkay Gundogan will assume a central role in his stead.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Dortmund have lost only one of their last 21 Bundesliga matches against Nurnberg (12 wins, eight draws).
- The Bundesliga leaders have averaged just 1.6 goals per match since the winter break. In the first half of the season, they averaged 2.3.
- BVB have not conceded more than one goal in any of their last 30 Bundesliga matches.
- Lucas Barrios has scored four goals in two matches against Nurnberg.
- Nurnberg have lost just one of their last seven away games (three wins, three draws).
- Der Club have conceded just 10 goals in the 2011 calendar year. Only their opponents (nine) have conceded fewer.
- Nurnberg midfielder Ilkay Gundogan was said to have agreed to personal terms of a switch to Dortmund earlier this week.
- Dieter Hecking's side finished the first half of the season in 11th place. They have since advanced to sixth and are in the running for a Europa League berth.