The Bombonera plays host to the 188th staging of Argentina's Superclasico on Sunday evening, with River hoping to ease relegation worries with a victory over their rivals
|Boca Juniors (4-3-1-2):
Lucchetti; C. Rodriguez, Caruzzo, Insaurralde, L. Monzon; Colazo, Somoza, C.Chavez; Riquelme; Mouche, Palermo.
Boca are boosted by the news that Juan Roman Riquelme will make the first team, despite last week's injury scare against Argentinos Juniors. Coach Julio Falcioni therefore repeats the XI which triumphed in La Paternal.
|River Plate (3-4-1-2/ 3-4-2-1):
Carrizo; Ferrero, Maidana, Roman; Ferrari, Almeyda, Acevedo, J.M Diaz; Lamela; Funes Mori/ Lanzini, Pavone.
Coach Juan Jose Lopez has just one doubt ahead of Sunday, with youngsters Rogelio Funes Mori and Manuel Lanzini fighting it out for the final place in the Millo starting XI
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Boca Juniors hold the edge in this derby fixture, having won 68 clasicos in the Primera to River Plate's 62. The difference is wider in all competitions, with the Xeneixe holding an advantage of 16 games.
- The last encounter though belonged to the Millo, who triumphed thanks to a goal from Boca old-boy Jonathan Maidana
- Boca are four games unbeaten after an awful start to the season, and currently lie 10th in the Clausura.
- Riquelme is the club's top scorer, with four goals in eight appearances.
- The Xeneixe's home form has been the main achilles heel in 2011; just one game from six has been won in the Bombonera.
- Despite this however the team have an outside chance of making the Copa Sudamericana, currently five points off the final qualifiers Racing and Lanus.
- River meanwhile are fighting in the top reaches of the Clausura, five points off leaders Velez in fourth place.
- At the same time the Millo must also avoid relegation, as a defeat against Boca coupled with Olimpo victory would drop the team down into the promocion playoff places.
- A lack of goals has hampered the side's two-pronged battle, as they have hit the net just 11 times in 13 games. Four of those have come from top scorer Mariano Pavone.
- One encouragement for JJ Lopez's side is their excellent away record. In six clashes out of the Monumental, they have won three and drawn three without a single defeat.