Following their defeat in Munich, the title hopefuls will look for domestic medicine on Saturday, while Steve Kean will hope his side can bounce back after defeat to Newcastle
Givet, Samba, Dann, Petrovic
Rochina, Formica, Hoilett
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Yaya Toure, Barry
Milner, Silva, Nasri
Steve Kean not only has to pick his side up following their disappointing 3-1 defeat at Newcastle, but he'll need to apply bandages to his back four.
With the experienced Michel Salgado sidelined with a hamstring injury picked up at St James' Park, Gael Givet is set to feature at right back - albeit that the Frenchman has impressed in the centre-back role of late, particularly against Arsenal.
This spot will be reserved for Scott Dann, who despite nursing a knee injury from last weekend, is expected to start at Ewood Park.
Kean will be without Martin Olsson however, following his sending off for two bookable offences at Newcastle.
One absentee is certain this weekend... Carlos Tevez will be nowhere near Ewood come kick-off on Saturday, having been suspended by the club.
Edin Dzeko is also expected to start from the bench, as the Bosnian serves the final stretch of his punishment following his own, albeit less controversial, petulance in Munich.
Joleon Lescott, dropped for the returning Kolo Toure in midweek, is expected to rejoin captain Vincent Kompany in defence, while Owen Hargreaves and Nigel de Jong will both have to settle for a place alongside Roberto Mancini at best, with the Italian awaiting the midfielders returns to full fitness.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Rovers have managed to keep only one clean sheet in their last eight matches at Ewood Park.
- City meanwhile have already scored 19 league goals this season, with 10 of them netted on their travels.
- Joe Hart is set to make his 47th consecutive Premier League appearance for City Since returning from his successful loan spell at Birmingham.
- Manchester City’s biggest triumph in this fixture was 5-2 victory at Blackburn in 1904.
- For Rovers, their most convincing victory over City at home came three years later, with a 4-0 win in 1907.