Les Parisiens travel to Lisbon in what should be a testing encounter at Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica in the last 16.
|Benfica: Roberto Jimenez, Luisao, Maxi Pereira, Coentrao, Sidnei, Aimar, Carlos Martins,Gaitan, Salvio, Cardozo, Saviola
|PSG: Edel, Jallet, Tiene, Armand, Sakho, Makelele, Bodmer, Nene, Chantome, Luyindula, Giuly
- Benfica have never lost at home to Ligue 1 opponents.
- They also have won nine of their last 11 European home games. They posess a record of W6 D4 L0 against
- Jorge Jesus' men have seen an 18 game winning streak end with defeat to fellow Europa League challengers Braga in the league last weekend
- PSG have a record of W1 D1 L2 in Portugal.
- Les Parisiens have also recorded five draws in their last six European encounters.
- They have yet to taste defeat in an away game since the beginning of the group stage.
15 March 2007 UEFA Cup, Benfica 3-1 PSG (4-3 aggregate)
The last time these two clubs met was in the UEFA Cup Round of 16 in 2007. Benfica, who were trailing from the first leg, after PSG recorded a 2-1 success in Paris, rallied back with first-half strikes from Simao and Petit, before Pauleta levelled the tie for the visitors in the 32nd minute. The match seemed to head into extra time, but drama ensued in the last minute as Benfica were awarded a penalty which Simao duly converted to send the home side to the quarter-finals.