Los Colchoneros take a 3-1 aggregate lead into the second leg in Turkey to face an out-of-sorts Black Eagles outfit for a spot in the quarter-finals
Toraman, Sivok, Sidnei, Koybasi
Fernandes, Aurelio, Uysal
Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe
Salvio, Adrian, Koke
Following a disagreement with trainer Carlos Carvalhal over his withdrawal in the first leg, Ricardo Quaresma is unlikely to feature after being left out of the squad to play Orduspor at the weekend.
Filip Holosko is therefore in with a chance of taking the Portuguese's vacated spot in the line-up but Veli Kavlak could also occupy a place on the wing. Fabian Ernst is also suspended for the return match.
Filipe is likely to return to the starting line-up as suspension kept him out of the 2-0 weekend win over Granada. Diego Simeone will be without Tiago, Diego and Antonio Lopez, all of whom are recovering from injury.
The Argentine has surprisingly included Pizzi in his squad to travel to Turkey and the Portuguese could well be in line for an appearance.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Besiktas have won just three times in 14 games against Spanish sides, all of which came on home soil. (W3 D3 L9)
- The Black Eagles last reached the quarter-finals of this competition in 2002/03, where they lost to Lazio.
- Besiktas are not enjoying their finest spell of form, having only won twice in their last 11 fixtures in all competitions.
- Atletico Madrid's only defeat against Super Lig opposition was a 1-0 loss to Ankaragucu in the second leg of a 1999/00 UEFA Cup first round tie.
- Los Colchoneros have only been defeated on the road once in their last eight European games. Udinese earned a 2-0 win at Stadio Friuli in this year's Europa League group stage.
- Radamel Falcao needs just two more goals to match current leading goalscorer, the eliminated Matias Suarez. The Colombian also has one less strike than Schalke's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who still remains in the tournament.