|Barcelona: Pinto; Maxwell, Abidal, Pique, Alves; Iniesta, Busquets, Keita; Pedro, Villa, Messi
| Zaragoza: Doblas; Contini, Jarosik, Obradovic, Lanzaro; Ponzio, Gabi, Boutahar, Bertolo; Uche, Sinama-Pongolle
- These two sides have met 56 times in Barcelona, and Zaragoza have only been able to win twice, both meetings finishing 1-0 in their favour.
- The last of these victories was a staggering 46 years ago.
- Zaragoza have achieved a single away win this season, at 19th placed Malaga.
- In sharp contrast, Barcelona have won 11 of their 13 home games so far this season, losing one and drawing one.
- Zaragoza can draw hope from the fact that Barcelona's one home defeat was to Hercules, a side below Zaragoza in the table.
- Lionel Messi has scored in his last three appearances at the Nou Camp, and boasts a great scoring record against Zaragoza, scoring five times against them in his last two outings.
- Pep Guardiola may not be available to sit on the sidelines for Barcelona. After suffering pain in recent days, the club announced on Thursday that the tactician has been diagnosed with a herniated disc.
October 23rd, 2010
: Zaragoza 0 - 2 Barcelona
Barcelona were able to walk away with the three points, thanks to a brace from Lionel Messi, with the Argentine netting a goal in either half.