Pep Guardiola's men look to regain their form after two consecutive draws as Jose Luis Mendilibar brings his side to Camp Nou
|Barcelona: (4-1-2-3): Valdes; Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, Abidal; Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi; Pedro, Messi, Villa
Just as one influential Spaniard returns for Barcelona, another is out with injury. Carles Puyol should make his long awaited La Liga comeback for the champions after recovering from a knee injury and is expected to start in the centre of defence. However, midfield maestro Andres Iniesta is sidelined for a month with a torn hamstring while Alexis Sanchez is out for six to eight weeks with a similar injury.
|Osasuna: (4-3-3): Fernandez; Raitala, Roversio, Flano, Bertran; Lama, Punal, Raul Garcia; Cejudo, Sola, Nino
Osasuna are without five squad members for the trip to Camp Nou. Ion Echaide will miss most of the season with a ruptured knee, Masoud Shojaei is still recovering with a fractured left foot, Asier Riesgo is back training with the group after recovering from a sprained knee but still may not be match fit. The visitors are also missing influential midfielder Javad Nekounam with a strained knee as well as first team starter Sergio, who suffered a hamstring injury in Osasuna's previous match against Sporting Gijon. Raul Garcia may be given the nod in midfield ahead of Toribio.
- In Barcelona's only two defeats in La Liga last season, captain Carles Puyol was not involved in either match.
- In this fixture last season, Lionel Messi scored his 50th competitive goal of the 2010-11 campaign.
- David Villa has not scored a goal in La Liga since this very match last season on April 23rd.
- Barca scored exactly 50 more goals in La Liga last season than Osasuna.
- The last league goal that Osasuna managed to score against Barcelona came on October 31st 2009, in the form of an injury time own goal from Gerard Pique to give the hosts an unlikely draw.
- Osasuna's top goalscorer in the league last season was Kike Sola with seven goals. Barcelona had four players who scored more last campaign.
- Osasuna's biggest win of the campaign last year was 4-0 and came against Barcelona's city rivals, Espanyol.
- The away side were quick out of the blocks after half time in La Liga last season, having scored the majority of their goals between the 46th minute and the 60th minute.