The Spanish champions will lock horns with the Premier League winners on Saturday at Wembley with European bragging rights on the line
Valdes; Dani Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Puyol; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Villa
Barca coach Pep Guardiola will be without the services of the injured Gabriel Milito and substitute goalkeeper Jose Pinto, who is suspended. Carles Puyol could deputise at full-back, with Javier Mascherano employed in the centre of defence.
Guardiola is expecting fireworks at Wembley and had nothing but praise for his opponents on Saturday, saying: "They are one of the best teams in the world, and not just this year. We are proud to be playing them. I think it will be a good final."
|Manchester United (4-4-1-1)
Van der Sar; Fabio, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Park; Rooney; Hernandez
Leading scorer Dimitar Berbatov will have to be content with a place on the bench while Michael Carrick will likely hold off Darren Fletcher for a berth in midfield. Fabio should receive the nod ahead of his twin brother at right-back.
United manager Alex Ferguson is keen to win the CL trophy on English soil and warned his side not be in awe of his opponents, saying: "It is not good tactics to go into how good Barcelona are and show trepidation or apprehension about it. I don’t think that is our way."
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona have scored the most goals in this season's Champions League (27).
- The Catalans have faced Manchester United 10 times in European play. Their record against the English outfit is: W3 D4 L3.
- The Camp Nou giants have scored in their last 20 Champions League encounters. Rubin Kazan were the last team to shut them out back in November 2009.
- Lionel Messi is the CL's top scorer with 11 goals in the current campaign.
- Barcelona won the last European Cup final at Wembley in 1992 beating Sampdoria 1-0 after extra-time.
- Xavi and Sergio Busquets are the only two players to complete more than 1000 passes in the 2010-11 CL.
- Manchester United are riding a 12-game unbeaten streak in this year's edition of the Champions League.
- Edwin Van der Sar will make his 99th overall appearance in the competition on Saturday.
- The Red Devils have conceded only four goals in the tournament.
- Alex Ferguson's side have reached their third CL final in the last four years.
- United succumbed to a 2-0 defeat against Barca in the 2009 final at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.
- Manchester United's last loss in the CL came against Bayern Munich in March 2010.