Die Roten have never been defeated by Tuesday's opponents and will be eager to end their brilliant first half of the season with yet another victory in the DFB Pokal
Vogt, Callsen-Bracker, Klavan, Ostrzolek
Musona, Oehrl, Werner
Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Alaba
Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Bayern Munich will make it 13 games without defeat if they can overcome Bavarian rivals Augsburg in the last 16 of the DFB-Pokal at the SGL Arena.
Jupp Heynckes may have to play without club record signing Javi Martinez when they make the short trip to Augsburg. The Spanish midfielder lost sight in one eye following a collision with Martin Stranzl during Friday's 1-1 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach and subsequently Luiz Gustavo may come into the side.
After seven games without a goal, Mario Mandzukic is danger of losing his spot in the starting XI to Mario Gomez who will be pressing for a chance to lead the line from the off once more.
Having been beaten 2-0 by die Roten in the Bundesliga earlier this month, coach Markus Weinzierl is unlikely to make too many changes to his line-up, with Sascha Molders leading the line and Jan-Ingwer Callsen-Bracker partnering Ragnar Klavan in the centre of defence.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Augsburg have never managed to beat their Bavarian rivals, losing the three times that the pair have met.
- Makus Weinzierl (pictured right), coach of Tuesday's hosts, spent four years with FCB but failed to make a first-team appearance.
- Following a 1-1 draw with bottom club Greuther Furth at the weekend, Augsburg sit 10 points from safety in the Bundesliga.
- Bayern Munich are the most successful club in the DFB-Pokal, accumulating a total of 15 title wins since their first in 1957.
- Die Roten will be keen to lift the trophy again after end last season's competition with a humiliating 5-2 final defeat to Borussia Dortmund.
- Jupp Heynckes' men have totalled eight goals without reply in the previous two rounds of the tournament.