Goal.com looks ahead to the action as Jupp Heynckes' in-form Bavarians aim to extend their lead at the top of the league with a win against Jos Luhukay's newcomers
Verhaegh, Sankoh, Langkamp, Hosogai
Brinkmann, Sinkala, Davids, Gogia
Rafinha, Van Buyten, Badstuber, Lahm
Luiz Gustavo, Tymoshchuk
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Augsburg have been dealt a huge blow as first-choice goalkeeper Simon Jentzsch has been ruled out with a broken finger and will join Gelios Ioannis, Marcel de Jong, Uwe Mohrle, Dawda Bah, Marcel Ndjeng, Moritz Nebel and Stephan Hain on the sidelines.
Ex-Kaiserslautern man Axel Bellinghausen complained of pain in his knee on Thursday, and has been ruled out for an indefinite amount of time. Torsten Oehrl is suspended for this game after he picked up a red card last weekend in the game against Koln.
Bayern Munich will be forced to shuffle their formation after Bastian Schweinsteiger broke his collarbone in the game against Napoli on Tuesday, and will be out until January.
His replacement in midfield is still unknown, but Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is the prime candidate to start in the game against Augsburg.
Jupp Heynckes has admitted that he is unlikely to make major changes, but it is possible that Toni Kroos may deep to partner Luiz Gustavo. The definite absentees for the game on Sunday are Arjen Robben and Breno, who are still recuperating. Jerome Boateng is serving a suspension after his red card against Hannover, and will have to watch from the stands.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Augsburg face Bayern Munich for the first time in the Bundesliga.
- The newcomers' coach Jos Luhukay was Jupp Heynckes' assistant at Borussia Monchengladbach in January 2007.
- Only three of Augsburg's players have ever won against the Bavarians - Simon Jentzsch, Uwe Mohrle and Dominik Reinhardt.
- Bayern Munich have failed to win in their last three away games.
- Mario Gomez already has 12 goals after only 11 games in the Bundesliga. This achievement has been matched only once in the last 27 years.
- For every goal they have conceded, Bayern Munich have scored 10, and already boast an impressive goal difference of +27.