Villans look for second victory under caretaker manager Gary McAllister as Kenny Dalglish's men seek to bounce back from damaging loss to Spurs
|Aston Villa (4-4-1-1):
Friedel; Walker, Dunne, Collins, L Young; Downing, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Delph; A Young; Bent.
Cameroon midfielder Jean Makoun is still suffering from a dead leg and is expected to miss out again.
Reina; Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson; Kuyt, Spearing, Lucas, Maxi; Suarez, Carroll.
A similar knock is likely to see Raul Meireles sidelined again after he missed the 1-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur last weekend.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- If Liverpool do not better Spurs' result on Sunday, next season will be the first time the club hasn't played European football since 1999-2000.
- Liverpool gained 25 points in 21 Premier League games under Roy Hodgson, while successor Kenny Dalglish has registered 33 points in just 16 games.
- Aston Villa's record signing Darren Bent, with nine, has scored more than a third of the club's 26 league goals since he joined in January.
- Villa's maximum final league tally of 48 points would be their worst finish since 2005-06 when they finished 16th on 42 points.
- In 179 meetings in all competitions, Liverpool have won 88, Villa have won 53, and 38 have been drawn.