Giant-killing Ligue 2 side meet current holders Paris St Germain with a place in next month's final at stake.
|Angers SCO: Malicki; Henin, Djellabi, Fall, Couturier; De Freitas, Manceau, Keseru; Charbonnier, Dore, Saivet;
Paris St Germain: Coupet, Clement, Sakho, Camara, Armand; Jallet, Makelele, Nene, Chantome; Hoarau, Erding;
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Angers made it this far into the competition by eliminating Le Havre, TA Rennes, Ligue 1 sides Bordeaux and Valenciennes, before comfortably negotiating Strasbourg and then amateur side Chambery in the quarterfinals.
- The club have never won a major trophy, with their only honours arriving from Ligue 2 success on two occasions.
- Jean Louis Garcia's men eliminated amateur side Chambery in the quarter-finals ending their stunning cup run.
- Their last promotion to the top-flight was in 1993/1994.
- A shock win for Les Scoïstes, would see them qualify for the Europa League, should they meet Lille in the final.
- Angers beat ES Troyes 2-1 at the weekend and sit in 7th in the second tier of French football.
- Angers are unbeaten in 14 games in all competitions, since a 2-1 defeat to Boulougne in January.
- Coupe de France holders PSG eased into the semi-finals by beating Lens, Agen, Martigues and Le Mans.
- Les Parisiens are seeking a 9th French Cup title after their success in the competition last year against Monaco.
- Antoine Koumbouare's men could also be the first back-to-back winners since FC Nantes in 1999 and 2000.
- PSG recorded a fine win over Lyon at the weekend in Ligue 1 and sit in 4th in the table. They are also in contention for a Champions League place.
This is the first meeting between the both sides.