The capital outfit need just one more point to retain their league crown, while the visitors are heading towards the relegation playoffs
V. der Wiel, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Blind
Anita, Eriksen, Janssen
Aisatti, De Jong, Ebicilio
Timisela, Yoshida, Emenike, Leiwakabessy
Holla, Maguire, Meeuwis
Linssen, Uchebo, Wildschut
Frank de Boer will likely field the same starting XI that beat Twente last time out, with the exception of Derk Boerrigter. The winger picked up a knock to his back last week, and has been left out of the matchday squad. Lorenzo Ebicilio is likely to deputise on the left flank.
Ton Lokhoff looks set to name the same SIDE as last Saturday, when his Venlo side beat ADO. The VVV coach could opt for the more defensive-minded Quinn Kruijsen in midfield, but Barry Maguire will likely retain his spot behind the forwards in a 4-3-3.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Ajax need just a single point to claim their 31st Eredivisie title.
- Frank de Boer's men have won their last 12 matches, a run which has seen them rise from sixth to first in the standings.
- Jan Vertonghen (pictured) is his side's fourth top scorer despite playing as a centre-back, with nine goals to his name this term.
- VVV sit 16th in the table, and will likely be forced to vie for their Eredivsie status come the end of the season.
- Ton Lokhoff's charges have the league's worst defensive record, having conceded 74 goals up to this point.
- The Venlo side ended a seven-match losing streak with a 2-1 win against ADO last time out.