Real Madrid - Alcoyano Preview: Los Blancos look to bounce back from Betis defeat
The second-leg of this fourth-round Copa del Rey tie is largely academic, but Jose Mourinho will demand a win after their shock loss on Saturday
By Karthick Arvinth
Albiol, Varane, Carvalho, Nacho
Callejon, Kaka, Jese
Devesa, Selvas, Lopez, Alcantara
De Dios, Pereira
Lara, Remon, Tacon
Real Madrid have no fresh injury worries ahead of Tuesday’s clash with Alcoyano at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Boss Jose Mourinho is likely to name a much changed side from the one that lost 1-0 to Betis on Saturday, so there could be rare starts for Kaka, Jose Callejon, Ricardo Carvalho, Raul Albiol and Alvaro Morata.
Gonzalo Higuain, Marcelo and Michael Essien all remain sidelined through injury.
Alcoyano could make changes to the team that drew with Villarreal’s reserves at the weekend as they look to overturn a 4-1 deficit from the first-leg.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid have won just two of their last five matches in all competitions (W2, D2, L1).
- Los Blancos are on a 23-match unbeaten run at the Santiago Bernabeu across all competitions.
- Iker Casillas (pictured, right) needs one more appearance to surpass Carlos Santillana (645 appearances) and move into third place on the all-time appearance list at Madrid.
- Alcoyano have won eight of their last 10 matches in Segunda B.
- The Valencian side have tasted victory in five of their last six matches away from home.
- Alcoyano last played Liga football back in the 1950-51 season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Real Madrid CF 8-0 CD Alcoyano
- 19.02 %
Real Madrid CF 5-0 CD Alcoyano
- 13.21 %
Real Madrid CF 4-0 CD Alcoyano
- 10.51 %
|Spain - Copa del Rey (ESPC)||Nov 27, 2012||Real Madrid CF 3 - CD Alcoyano 0|
|Spain - Copa del Rey (ESPC)||Oct 31, 2012||CD Alcoyano 1 - Real Madrid CF 4|
|Real Madrid CF|
|Nov 30, 2013||Real Madrid CF 4 - Valladolid 0||LIGA|
|Nov 27, 2013||Real Madrid CF 4 - Galatasaray 1||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Almeria 0 - Real Madrid CF 5||LIGA|
|Nov 9, 2013||Real Madrid CF 5 - Real Sociedad 1||LIGA|
|Nov 5, 2013||Juventus 2 - Real Madrid CF 2||UCL|
|22||Ángel Di María||Midfielder|
|8||Julio de Dios||Midfielder|
Jose Mourinho's second string should have too much for their Segunda B visitors, who have little hope of overturning a 4-1 first-leg defeat.