Parma - Juventus Preview: Old Lady target three away wins on the bounce
The reigning Serie A champions are looking for their third successive league victory on the road when they travel to the Tardini to face a Gialloblu outfit plagued by inconsistency
By Rupert Fryer
Rossi, Paletta, Santacroce, Gobbi
Marchionni, Valdes, Parolo
Biabiany, Belfodil, Sansone
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, De Ceglie
Juventus will be looking for their third successive Serie A victory on the road when they travel to the Ennio Tardini to take on Parma on Sunday.
There was some relief for Antonio Conte this past week when it was revealed that Claudio Marchisio's injury wasn't as bad as first feared, but the Italy international will miss his side's trip to Emilia-Romagna.
Juve will also be without both Giorgio Chiellini, who is yet to recover from an calf injury, and Kwadwo Asamoah, who is off to the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana.
The Old Lady also look likely to miss Federico Peluso and Mirko Vucinic through injury, while Andrea Barzagli is hoping to be passed fit to play.
Roberto Donadoni is yet to pick up a win against Juventus in his coaching career and is facing a defensive crisis of his own. Alessandro Lucarelli and Yohan Benalouane are suspended, while Cristian Zaccardo and Aleandro Rosi look set to miss out through injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus have the best away record in Serie A so far this season, winning seven of their nine fixtures on the road this term.
- The Old Lady will be hoping to make it third time lucky on Sunday, having failed to pick up a victory in their last two trips to the Ennio Tardini.
- Antonio Conte's men have the best defensive record in Serie A, conceding just 13 goals in their 14 fixtures to date.
- Sebastian Giovinco will return to his old club for the first time since sealing his move to Juventus this past summer.
- With six wins and three draws, Parma are the last remaining team in Italy's top flight to remain unbeaten at home.
- Despite their far superior goal difference, not a single Juventus player has outscored Parma striker Ishak Belfodil, who has notched on six occasions since making the move from Lyon in the summer.
- Coach Roberto Donadoni is without a win in five of his last encounters with Juventus.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Parma 0-2 Juventus
- 20.43 %
Parma 0-3 Juventus
- 13.7 %
Parma 1-3 Juventus
- 13.5 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 2, 2013||Parma 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Jan 13, 2013||Parma 1 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Aug 25, 2012||Juventus 2 - Parma 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 15, 2012||Parma 0 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 11, 2011||Juventus 4 - Parma 1|
|Mar 2, 2014||Sassuolo 0 - Parma 1||ITA1|
|Feb 24, 2014||Parma 2 - Fiorentina 2||ITA1|
|Feb 16, 2014||Atalanta 0 - Parma 4||ITA1|
|Feb 9, 2014||Parma 0 - Catania 0||ITA1|
|Jan 26, 2014||Parma 1 - Udinese 0||ITA1|
|-||Daniele De Angelis||Goalkeeper|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
The 20-year-old France youth international has been in sensational form since joining the Gialloblu from Lyon and has not only chipped in with six goals, but has proved there’s more to him than just finding the net by providing three assists. He was an unused substitute when the two sides met on the opening day of the season and will desperate to further his burgeoning reputation against one of the big boys.
Back at the stadium in which he convinced the Juve bosses they had made a mistake by letting him leave the Old Lady nearly two years ago, the pint-sized attacker is in fine form and will be hoping for a happy homecoming. The Italy international will be tasked with finding space between the lines in order to carve out chances for Fabio Quagliarella and could well prove the difference against a depleted Parma back line.
Parma come to the match in fine form, with last week’s victory over Palermo making it three on the bounce for Roberto Donadoni’s men. In contrast, Juventus arrive eager to get back to winning ways after a shock 2-1 defeat at home to Sampdoria last time out. Both sides have injury concerns, but Antonio Conte’s men showed their mettle against Milan in midweek and may just have the edge.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed