- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Bayern Munich-Greuther Furth Preview: League leaders return to action in local derby
Jupp Heynckes' side restart their assault on the Bundesliga by hosting their bottom-of-the-table Bavarian rivals on Saturday
By Enis Koylu
Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Zimmermann, Kleine, Sobiech, Baba
Klaus, Zillner, Stieber
Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has a near-full squad to pick from as he prepares for his final 17 games in the Bundesliga. The only notable absence is Holger Badstuber, who is out for the rest of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Franck Ribery missed training earlier in the week, but will be fine to start, while Arjen Robben is ready to play once more having recovered from a muscle injury which troubled him in the first half of the season.
Meanwhile, Greuther Furth will without several players. Issa Ndoye (ankle), Michael Hefele (foot), Heinrich Schmidtgal (knee), Edgar Prib and Sebastian Tyrala (ACL) are all injured, while skipper Megrim Mavraj is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich overcame Greuther Furth at the Allianz Arena 6-2 in the quarter-final of the 2009-10 DFB-Pokal, with Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Philipp Lahm all finding the target.
- The Roten's final game before the winter break was also a Bavarian derby - a 2-0 win over Augsburg in the the third round of the DFB-Pokal.
- It was announced on Wednesday that Jupp Heynckes (pictured, right) would be calling time on his third spell in charge at Bayern. He has won two Bundesliga titles and three cups with Bayern.
- Greuther Furth have lost all three of their matches against Bayern in history, including a 3-0 home loss on the opening day of the season.
- Midfielder Stephan Furstner spent 11 years in Munich, making one Bundesliga appearance in the 2006-07 season.
- Furth have not won any of their last 15 games - their most recent Bundesliga triumph coming at Mainz on matchday two in August.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 4-0 Greuther Fürth
- 16.07 %
FC Bayern München 3-0 Greuther Fürth
- 15.87 %
FC Bayern München 5-0 Greuther Fürth
- 10.02 %
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Jan 19, 2013||FC Bayern München 2 - Greuther Fürth 0|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Aug 25, 2012||Greuther Fürth 0 - FC Bayern München 3|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||Feb 10, 2010||FC Bayern München 6 - Greuther Fürth 2|
|FC Bayern München|
|May 18, 2013||Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - FC Bayern München 4||GER1|
|May 11, 2013||FC Bayern München 3 - FC Augsburg 0||GER1|
|May 4, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - FC Bayern München 1||GER1|
|May 1, 2013||FC Barcelona 0 - FC Bayern München 3||UCL|
|Apr 27, 2013||FC Bayern München 1 - SC Freiburg 0||GER1|
|Returns:||Bayern £11.11||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £610.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Greuther Furth £810.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|18||Abdul Rahman Baba||Defender|
One Bayern player with a point to prove in 2013 is certainly Arjen Robben. Last year was a difficult one for him, having flopped in big moments, but he will certainly be eager to prove to doubters wrong. Having missed the majority of the season so far, he may not start, but will be anxious to make an impact from the bench.
There are few places that Bundesliga goalkeepers will dread visiting more than the Allianz Arena, particularly when you are second choice for your club. Furth's leaky defence could leave Wolfgang Hesl with a hefty task, but should they claim the unlikeliest of points, he will become an instant hero.
These two teams could hardly be further apart ahead of Saturday's meeting. While Bayern have swept aside almost every opponent in their path, Furth have managed a solitary victory this season. On the opening day of the campaign, Jupp Heynckes' side recorded a straightforward victory, and they must be backed to do the same on home soil.
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed