thumbnail Hello,


  • May 5, 2013
  • • 11:30
  • • Kyocera Stadion, Den Haag
  • Referee: R. Liesveld
  • • Attendance: 11231

Eredivisie Round 33 Results: Ajax secure title number 32 while PSV wrap up second place

Eredivisie Round 33 Results: Ajax secure title number 32 while PSV wrap up second place


PSV tied up second place with a win after Feyenoord and Vitesse both lost, while Roda will fight for safety in the Dutch top flight through the play-offs after their defeat


Ajax secured their third successive Eredivisie title on Sunday with a 5-0 victory over Willem II to confirm the relegation of the bottom club.

Frank de Boer is now only the third coach to lift three consecutive titles with Ajax, after Rinus Michels and Louis van Gaal.

Ajax dominated the game from the opening stages and it took just 12 minutes for them to take the lead, with Kolbeinn Sigthorsson heading in Ryan Babel’s cross at the near post.

A goalkeeping blunder played a key role in Ajax’s second as David Meul failed to get a strong hand behind a Christian Eriksen shot and only succeeded in diverting it into his own net.

The game was over, essentially, as Willem II failed to threaten Kenneth Vermeer’s goal throughout the match. Viktor Fischer made sure it was beyond doubt halfway through the second-half, meeting a low Babel cross and tucking it into the net.

Captain Siem de Jong made it 4-0 after 82 minutes when he diverted an Eriksen cross into the net. The 24-year-old has now scored in each of Ajax’s last three championship-winning matches. Minutes later, Eriksen turned creator once again when he ran onto a Derk Boerrigter pass and squared it to substitute Danny Hoesen who knocked in his side’s fifth.


Dick Advocaat’s PSV secured second-place to book a place in the Champions League qualifying round next season as they beat NEC 4-2.

It was NEC defender Daan Bovenberg who scored the first goal, but unfortunately for him it was in his own net, as his looping header from a cross caught Gabor Babos out and flew beyond the shot stopper.

It took a further 29 minutes for PSV to score a goal of their own as Ola Toivonen smashed home after Tim Matavz headed down for him.

NEC, however, fought back in the second period and pulled a goal back through Nick van der Velden after he brought down Kevin Conboy’s long pass and fired the ball home. Just 12 minutes later, PSV defender Marcelo’s poor headed clearance fell in front of Remy Amieux who fired into the net to make it 2-2.

PSV’s lead was regained just two minutes later when Babos spilled a shot and Jeremain Lens was there to tap it past him and then teenager Jurgen Locadia made sure of the three points with a goal deep into extra time.


Feyenoord will have to settle for a Europa League place after their defeat to ADO ensured they have no hope of catching PSV in second place.

The hosts went ahead early on through Mike van Duinen, who blasted in a low Danny Holla cross after just 10 minutes.

ADO’s lead was doubled eight minutes before the break when Holla converted a penalty, which was awarded after Daryl Janmaat knocked over Tjaronn Chery in the box.

Feyenoord had the chance to pull themselves back into the match in the second-half when they were given a penalty of their own, but star striker Graziano Pelle missed from the spot and remains on 27 goals in the Eredivisie.


RKC ensured their safety in the Eredivisie while ending Vitesse’s chances of finishing in the runner-up spot with a 3-2 win in Waalwijk.

RKC led after only two minutes when Robert Braber fired past Piet Velthuizen. The home side then found themselves a man down on 28 minutes when forward Nourdin Boukhari was shown his second yellow card of the game.

Despite the numerical disadvantage, however, it was the Waalwijk club who took the lead next when Mart Lieder rose to meet Sander Duits’ cross and head past Velthuizen.

Vitesse halved the deficit two minutes after the restart through Jan-Arie van der Heijden, before Mike Havenaar fired in at the back post to level the score.

Just as Vitesse looked to be building some momentum, however, RKC regained their lead a minute after the equaliser. Florian Jozefzoon’s shirt was tugged inside the box and the referee quickly pointed to the spot and Duits stepped up to knock in the winning goal to ensure his team avoided the relegation play-offs.


Utrecht leapfrogged Twente into fifth place with a 4-2 win over Marco van Basten’s Heerenveen.

The defeat for Heerenveen means they are now in danger of dropping out of a Europa League play-off spot, as ADO remain just two points behind heading into the final match.

After a slow start to the game, the Frisian side opened the scoring on the half hour mark through Yassine El Ghanassy.

Four minutes later, however, Utrecht equalised through Jens Toornstra, capitalising on Heerenveen’s defensive sloppiness.

Jacob Mulenga put Utrecht ahead shortly after the hour mark, and then Jan Wuytens made it 3-1 with a beautiful shot which flew past Kristoffer Nordfeldt.

El Ghanassy reduced the margin by one with a goal 10 minutes from time, but centre-back Mike van der Hoorn killed off any hopes of a comeback with a goal six minutes later.


Roda must try to salvage their Eredivisie status through the play-offs after they came out second best from an eight-goal thriller with NAC.

Frank Demouge gave Roda the lead inside the first quarter of an hour but NAC drew level five minutes later through Eric Botteghin’s header from a Jordy Buijs free kick.

Roda went in ahead at the break, however, when Jelle ten Rouwelaar failed to keep out a Roly Bonevacia shot from distance. Mitchell Donald made it 3-1 soon after the restart, sliding in to meet Demouge’s low cross.

The Kerkrade club looked comfortable and appeared set to take the battle to avoid the relegation play-off spot into the final week, but NAC managed to fight back and claim the three points.

Nebojsa Gudelj’s men scored two goals in two minutes to level the score, with Rick ten Voorde and Anthony Lurling getting on the scoresheet, the latter with a scorching effort from 25 yards. Then, the victory was secured 15 minutes later as Elson Hooi ended a lovely dribble with a fine finish.

With 10 minutes remaining, Lurling put the icing on the cake with a run which started in the centre circle and ended with him sending the ball curling around Filip Kurto.


AZ have set themselves up for a wonderful end to the season as they prepare for a KNVB Beker final clash with PSV.

Their victory over Zwolle on Sunday is their second consecutive 4-0 win and means they have scored 15 goals in their last four league matches.

Viktor Elm opened the scoring after 20 minutes with a header from an Etienne Reijnen corner. Then, Roy Beerens ensured AZ took a two-goal lead in at the break by firing into the roof of the net.

Aron Johansson put AZ three goals to the good 15 minutes into the second period. And 15 minutes later, Adam Maher killed the game off with a goal which could turn out to be his last in the AFAS Stadion as the 19-year-old looks likely to leave this summer.


A 1-1 draw with Twente means Heracles now have no chance of finishing in the Europa League play-off spot this season.

The game got off to a bright start with Thomas Bruns’ seventh minute opener. The young midfielder capitalised on a mistake from Tim Breukers and put it past Timo Plattel.

Shortly after the goal, Luc Castaignos should have made it all square but he failed to find the back of the net.

Twente’s equaliser did eventually come, though, as Leroy Fer was there to put one away just before the half hour mark.

Both teams attacked throughout the second period and had ample opportunities to take the lead but neither could seize their chances and the game faded out to a 1-1 draw.


Groningen missed the opportunity to secure a place in the Europa League play-off spots as they and VVV shared the spoils in a goalless draw.

The Venlo club were already sure of a place in the relegation play-offs as they look to secure their Dutch top flight status, but they still put up a good fight against the visitors.

The first opportunity of the match fell to VVV player Uche Nwofor, but the 21-year-old Nigerian failed to put his side ahead. Then, David Texeira had two chances to break the deadlock and give Groningen the lead but could not find the back of the net.

Groningen now have a tough task of securing a spot in the play-offs for the Europa League next week in their match against champions Ajax.