Ajaccio - Paris Saint-Germain Preview: Visitors aim to kick-start Ligue 1 campaign with victory
The capital club were held to an enthralling draw by Lorient last week, and will be hoping to gain three points against an Ajaccio side with a formidable home record
By Mohammed Ali
Diawara, Medjani, Poulard, Bouhours
Andre, Cavalli, Diarra
Jallet, Alex, Sakho, Maxwell
Menez, Pastore, Lavezzi
Ajaccio welcome PSG to the Coriscan island, but are without midfielder Mehdi Mostefa who was sent off in last week's 1-0 win over Nice.
Coach Alex Dupont will also have to contend with the absence of Frederic Sammaritano, who sits out with an ankle injury suffered in pre-season.
PSG welcome back goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu, after the Italian international featured in the 2-1 friendly defeat to England in Switzerland on Wednesday. Back-up keeper Nicholas Douchez is suffering from a hip injury and missed training on Thursday, and is unlikely to feature.
Star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will face a late fitness test to ensure his presence in the starting XI. He missed out on Sweden's defeat to Brazil, but is expected to start, with Thiago Motta continuing his rehabilitation from a hamstring problem.
The game comes too soon for Thiago Silva to make his debut, after only training with his new team-mates for the first time on Friday, with Javier Pastore returning from suspension.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Ajaccio won their opening game against Nice, and sit eighth in the table with one point (having had two deducted by the LFP).
- The Corsican side mustered only 22 goals at Stade Francois Coty last season.
- The club have not lost a home game in 2012. They are also unbeaten at home in 11 games.
- Ajaccio's next home defeat will be their 50th home reverse in Ligue 1.
- Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 quest began with an enthralling 2-2 draw with Lorient last week.
- Les Parisiens won both encounters against their Corsican counterparts, prevailing 3-1 in this fixture.
- Carlo Ancelotti's side had the best away record in terms of results and goals scored in Ligue 1 last season.
- However, under the Italian, the capital club have only won four out of their last ten encounters on the road.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
AC Ajaccio 1-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 14.98 %
AC Ajaccio 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain
- 14.54 %
AC Ajaccio 0-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 11.01 %
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Jan 11, 2014||AC Ajaccio 1 - Paris Saint-Germain 2|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Aug 18, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - AC Ajaccio 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Jan 11, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 0 - AC Ajaccio 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Aug 19, 2012||AC Ajaccio 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Mar 4, 2012||Paris Saint-Germain 4 - AC Ajaccio 1|
|Apr 12, 2014||AC Ajaccio 1 - Bordeaux 1||FRA1|
|Apr 4, 2014||Olympique de Marseille 3 - AC Ajaccio 1||FRA1|
|Mar 29, 2014||AC Ajaccio 2 - Toulouse FC 2||FRA1|
|Mar 22, 2014||Valenciennes FC 2 - AC Ajaccio 3||FRA1|
|Mar 15, 2014||AC Ajaccio 1 - EA Guingamp 2||FRA1|
|1||Francisco Guillermo Ochoa||Goalkeeper|
|Francisco Guillermo Ochoa|