Wigan - Liverpool Preview: Reds looking for first DW Stadium win since 2007
Roberto Martinez's side will hope to build on their win over Reading last week by overcoming the Merseyside outfit, who thrashed Swansea in their last league outing
By Nicholas McGee
Scharner, Caldwell, Figueroa
Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour
Maloney, Kone, Santo
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Downing, Suarez, Coutinho
Wigan defender Maynor Figueroa (ankle) is facing a late fitness test ahead of the visit of Liverpool but Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi (ankle) is expected to return to the squad.
Ben Watson (leg) and Albert Crusat (knee) are both long-term absentees, however, and Ivan Ramis (knee) will not feature again until next season.
Liverpool will be without Fabio Borini (shoulder) for the rest of the campaign whilst Brad Jones (shoulder) is still out.
Young defender Martin Kelly (knee) is still some way from a return, but the Reds will have an otherwise fully fit squad should Daniel Sturridge (knock) pass a late fitness test.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have not won at the DW Stadium since 2007, when a Yossi Benayoun goal handed them a 1-0 win.
- Luis Suarez is just four short of 50 goals in his Liverpool career. He is 7/2 to score the first goal with bet365.
- Steven Gerrard has already laid on nine assists so far this season, the most in the Premier League.
- Wigan's 2-1 win at Anfield last term was just their second over the Reds in Premier League history.
- If selected, Arouna Kone will make his 25th appearance for the Latics. He has already scored 10 times since moving from Levante.
- Goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi is just two appearances shy of 125 for Wigan.
- A six-goal game will take the number scored in Wigan - Liverpool contests to the half-century mark.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Wigan Athletic 0-3 Liverpool
- 21.29 %
Wigan Athletic 1-3 Liverpool
- 13.66 %
Wigan Athletic 0-2 Liverpool
- 11.66 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 2, 2013||Wigan Athletic 0 - Liverpool 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 17, 2012||Liverpool 3 - Wigan Athletic 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 24, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Wigan Athletic 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 21, 2011||Wigan Athletic 0 - Liverpool 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 12, 2011||Liverpool 1 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Millwall 2 - Wigan Athletic 1||ENG2|
|Dec 4, 2013||Leeds 2 - Wigan Athletic 0||ENG2|
|Dec 1, 2013||Wigan Athletic 1 - Derby 3||ENG2|
|Nov 28, 2013||Wigan Athletic 1 - SV Zulte-Waregem 2||EL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Wigan Athletic 0 - Brighton 1||ENG2|
|26||Ali Al Habsi||Goalkeeper|
|9||Franco Di Santo||Striker|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed