- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Tottenham - Manchester United Preview: Red Devils out for revenge at ground they have not lost at in 12 years
Sir Alex Ferguson will have the 3-2 defeat to Spurs in mind as he takes his team to White Hart Lane, a ground he has enjoyed immense success at over the years
By Jay Jaffa
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa
Both sides were dealt cruel blows this week as Tottenham look set to miss Sandro for some time after the midfielder underwent surgery on a knee problem picked up in the 0-0 draw at QPR last weekend.
Younes Kaboul remains sidelined with a knee problem while William Gallas (calf) looks set to miss out as well.
For Manchester United, Darren Fletcher has been ruled out for the season following surgery on his ongoing bowel condition.
Nemanja Vidic is expected to return after suffering concussion in the club's 2-1 win over Liverpool, while Jonny Evans has been ruled out of the trip to White Hart Lane after suffering a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite beating Manchester United 3-2 at Old Trafford in September, Tottenham have not tasted victory over Sir Alex's men in 11 Premier League home games - a run stretching back to 2001.
- The hosts have collected just three points during that barren run. Spurs are 9/1 to beat Manchester United 2-1 with bet365.
- Jermain Defoe (pictured right) is in something of a goal drought, finding the net just once in his last seven league appearances.
- No team has conceded more goals (17) to top eight opposition than Andre Villas-Boas' side.
- Since March 2011, Manchester United have won 22 and drawn five (losing none) of away games in which they have scored.
- Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 27 games for United this season. At the same stage last campaign, he had 22 goals to his name.
- Sir Alex's side have scored the most goals away from home (26 in 11 games) than any other team.
- However on the two occasions in which they have failed to score on the road (vs Norwich and Everton) United have lost.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd.
- 21.53 %
Tottenham 1-2 Man Utd.
- 11.39 %
Tottenham 0-2 Man Utd.
- 8.14 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 20, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Man Utd. 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Man Utd. 2 - Tottenham 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 4, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Man Utd. 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 22, 2011||Man Utd. 3 - Tottenham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 16, 2011||Tottenham 0 - Man Utd. 0|
|May 24, 2013||Jamaica 0 - Tottenham 0||FR|
|May 19, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Stoke 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|14||Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez||Striker|
The 32-year-old is finally back to full fitness and it could not come at a better time for Andre Villas-Boas following the devastating news that Sandro will miss much of the remainder of the season following knee surgery. The England international has been held back until now but his drive and work rate will be much needed in the Spurs midfield as they aim to complete the double over United.
The Japan international has yet to ignite at Old Trafford despite a promising start. Injuries have blighted the first half of his maiden United campaign but he is now fully operational and should pose a significant threat to Kyle Walker on Sunday. Sir Alex has moved Kagawa to the left of midfield in recent weeks after adjustment problems in behind the strikers, but it could prove a masterstroke if he is afforded more space to pull the strings.
Tottenham have often struggled to impose themselves on visiting teams at White Hart Lane this season, though that has abated in recent weeks. Yet, in United, they face the most in-form team in the division and a side seeking revenge for the 3-2 Old Trafford defeat they suffered in September. Expect there to be goals and an away win.
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed