Chelsea - Fulham Preview: Both sides without a league win in five games
Interim boss Rafa Benitez is chasing his first victory at Stamford Bridge after a goalless draw against Manchester City at the weekend, with Martin Jol's out-of-form side next up
By James McManus
Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cole
Mata, Oscar, Hazard
Riether Senderos, Hughes, Riise
Duff, Baird, Sidwell, Dejagah
Interim Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez is likely to be without Frank Lampard (calf), Daniel Sturridge (hamstring) and captain John Terry (knee) for the game against their west London rivals.
Fulham manager Martin Jol faces no fresh injury concerns ahead of the trip, but centre-back Brede Hangeland is still suspended after his red card against Sunderland.
Midfielders Alexander Kacaniklic, Bryan Ruiz and Kieran Richardson will all miss the game with respective hamstring injuries, while Simon Davies remains sidelined with a long-term neck injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have kept five clean sheets in the league this term, with only Stoke boasting a better record, but the 0-0 draw against Manchester City was their first without conceding in eight games.
- The Blues are without a league win in five games since beating Tottenham at White Hart Lane in October.
- Centre-back Gary Cahill (pictured, right) is the club's third top goalscorer with five goals behind Juan Mata and Fernando Torres this season.
Cahill is 5/1 with Bet365 to score anytime in this game.
- This game ended 1-1 last season with Mata and Clint Dempsey grabbing the goals.
- Fulham are also without a league win in their last five games.
- During that run they've drawn three and lost their last two games, against Sunderland at home and Stoke away.
- Only Southampton and QPR have conceded more goals than Fulham's tally of 23 in the league this season.
- At the other end of the pitch, though, Martin Jol's side have scored 25 goals, the same as Manchester City with only Manchester United hitting more.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 3-0 Fulham
- 19.23 %
Chelsea FC 2-0 Fulham
- 15.28 %
Chelsea FC 3-1 Fulham
- 13.65 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 1, 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea FC 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 21, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 17, 2013||Fulham 0 - Chelsea FC 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 28, 2012||Chelsea FC 0 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 9, 2012||Fulham 1 - Chelsea FC 1|
|Mar 1, 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea FC 3||EPL|
|Feb 26, 2014||Galatasaray 1 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea FC 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City FC 2 - Chelsea FC 0||FA|
|Feb 11, 2014||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed