- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Chelsea - Manchester United Preview: Hosts aiming to go 11 Premier League games unbeaten at home against the Red Devils
Roberto Di Matteo's side will be keen to bounce back from their midweek European disappointment with victory on Sunday, while United are aiming for four league away wins in a row
By Tom McKeown
Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole
Hazard, Oscar, Mata
Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra
Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Nani
Frank Lampard (calf) is a major doubt for Chelsea after the midfielder limped off during the first half in the midweek defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk.
John Terry is the only other absentee as he serves the second of his four-match ban, meaning Gary Cahill is expected to come back into the side, with Roberto Di Matteo set to name the same XI that won 4-2 at Tottenham last weekend.
Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to make several changes from the narrow midweek victory over Braga, but David de Gea is likely to remain in goal despite Anders Lindegaard's return to fitness after a thumb injury.
The Red Devils boss is sweating over the fitness of Shinji Kagawa (knee), but Rio Ferdinand should make a return to the side, while Javier Hernandez’s brace in the Champions League could see him get the nod up front alongside Robin van Persie at the expense of Danny Welbeck.
Defenders Phil Jones and Nemanja Vidic (both knee) are absentees, while Chris Smalling (metatarsal) may recover in time to make the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have a superb home record against the Red Devils, with six wins and four draws in their last 10 meetings at Stamford Bridge.
- In their last 30 meetings in all competitions, both sides have got on the scoresheet on 18 occasions.
- Robin van Persie (pictured right) has scored five times at Stamford Bridge; the best record of any visiting player.
- Since signing for Manchester United, Javier Hernandez has scored in four of the Red Devils’ seven clashes with Chelsea, while Wayne Rooney has also scored in four during the same period.
- Fernando Torres has six goals in 14 appearances for Chelsea this season, and is just one shy of his total from last season.
- David Luiz has scored in both his appearances against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.
- Sir Alex’s side have only been in front at half-time four times in 12 matches this season, and have gone on to win all four.
- Meanwhile, in Chelsea’s seven Premier League wins this season, they have only gone into the break behind in one of those victories.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 1-2 Man Utd.
- 15.69 %
Chelsea FC 2-1 Man Utd.
- 15.57 %
Chelsea FC 3-1 Man Utd.
- 10.48 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 5, 2013||Man Utd. 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Apr 1, 2013||Chelsea FC 1 - Man Utd. 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Mar 10, 2013||Man Utd. 2 - Chelsea FC 2|
|England - Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Oct 31, 2012||Chelsea FC 5 - Man Utd. 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 28, 2012||Chelsea FC 2 - Man Utd. 3|
|May 19, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Everton 1||EPL|
|May 15, 2013||Benfica 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Man Utd. 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|14||Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez||Striker|
It’s hard to look past the skillful Spain winger as Chelsea’s main threat. The 24-year-old scored twice and set up one in the 4-2 victory over Tottenham last weekend, and is always dangerous when given the ball. His finishing is only bettered by the quality of his passing, and United will have to stifle the wide man if they are to get a result.
|Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez|
The Mexico striker loves scoring against Chelsea. He scored the equaliser in the dramatic 3-3 draw last season, and finally made his mark this term with a brace on Tuesday as the Red Devils came from 2-0 down to beat Braga. The 24-year-old has three goals this season and will be keen to add to that tally this weekend if picke.
This game has goals written all over it, in the corresponding fixture last season Chelsea squandered a three-goal lead and were pegged back to 3-3. The Blues are in fine form in the league and will want to banish Tuesday's Champions League defeat to the back of their minds, while United are imperious away from home at the moment.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed