Norwich - Arsenal Preview: Canaries aiming to secure their first win against the Gunners in 11 attempts
Chris Hughton's struggling side host an in-form Arsenal at Carrow Road, looking for a positive result to move away from the Premier League drop-zone
By Andy Sixsmith
Martin, Bassong, Barnett, Garrido
E Bennett, Hoolahan, Surman
Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos
Ramsey, Arteta, Cazorla
Gervinho, Giroud, Podolski
The Canaries have Steven Whittaker and Simon Lappin available again after both recovered from ankle injuries although neither are expected to be fit enough to be given an outing against the Gunners.
Robert Snodgrass failed to make an appearance for Scotland in the international break due to an ankle injury, and he is a doubt to make Chris Hughton's line-up on Saturday.
Harry Kane (ankle) remains sidelined for the Canaries and Jacob Butterfield is still yet to gain enough fitness to make his debut for the club after a long-term injury.
For Arsenal, Abou Diaby may make his return from a thigh injury, but Theo Walcott picked up a nasty looking rib injury in England’s 5-0 hammering of San Marino and will miss the trip to Carrow Road, as will Kieran Gibbs (thigh)
Bacary Sagna, Wojciech Szczesny and Jack Wilshere are still being eased into competitive football after long-term injuries, while Tomas Rosicky (leg) could return to training next week.
Arsene Wenger's main headache will be over who to play up front. Gervinho has been in form so far this season, but Olivier Giroud followed his first Premeir League goal against West Ham with a last-gasp equaliser for France against Spain on Tuesday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League away games, winning seven and drawing four.
- Norwich, in stark contrast, have only won one of their last 12 Premier League matches, losing seven.
- The Gunners have an excellent record at the home of the Canaries - they're unbeaten in their last twelve trips to Carrow Road.
- Santi Cazorla has scored more goals from outside the box than any other player in the top European leagues since August 2011, with nine.
- Maybe expect a long range screamer from the Spaniard on Saturday evening then - Norwich have conceded the most goals from outside the box of any Premier League side, with five.
- Norwich striker Steve Morison (pictured right) was amongst the goals last season - scoring against the Gunners both home and away.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Norwich City 0-3 Arsenal
- 22.56 %
Norwich City 1-3 Arsenal
- 13.14 %
Norwich City 0-4 Arsenal
- 11.47 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 19, 2013||Arsenal 4 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 13, 2013||Arsenal 3 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 20, 2012||Norwich City 1 - Arsenal 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 5, 2012||Arsenal 3 - Norwich City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 19, 2011||Norwich City 1 - Arsenal 2|
|Mar 8, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Stoke 1||EPL|
|Mar 2, 2014||Aston Villa 4 - Norwich City 1||EPL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Feb 11, 2014||West Ham 2 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City FC 0||EPL|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed