Norwich City - Liverpool Preview: Reds suffering worst start to a season since 1903
Brendan Rodgers will be looking to Luis Suarez to stop the rot, with the striker returning to the ground where he bagged a hat-trick last season - with one goal from 49 yards
By Michael Lightfoot
Martin, L.Barnett, Turner, Garrido
Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Surman
Johnson, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique
Allen, Gerrard, Downing,
Sahin, Suarez, Sterling
Liverpool are going to be without Daniel Agger (knee), Fabio Borini (foot), Joe Cole (hamstring), Martin Kelly (knee) and Lucas (thigh), whilst Jonjo Shelvey is suspended after being sent off in the defeat by Manchester United last Sunday.
Norwich defender Sebastien Bassong lasted just eight minutes of the fixture against Newcastle, pulling up with a tight hamstring and will be assessed closer to the game, but Simon Lappin, Steve Whittaker and Harry Kane (all ankle) remain sidelined.
Manager Chris Hughton brought Elliott Bennett back to the fold in the League Cup game midweek after a long lay-off and he could force his way back into the side.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich picked up their first yellow card of the season in their previous Premier League fixture, the first in over 447 minutes of play.
- The Canaries have only conceded once at Carrow Road this term.
- Chris Hughton's side ran a collective 66.64 miles in their game against Newcastle, which is the biggest distance covered by a team in a single game this season.
- Only Norwich (3.6 per cent) have a worse chance conversion rate than Liverpool (6%).
- Liverpool have failed to win any of their opening five league games for the first time since the 1911-12 season
- Luis Suarez (pictured, right) has managed to hit 27 of his Premier League shots off target - 52 per cent of them.
- Liverpool continue to look for their first clean sheet in the Premier League this season.
- They have scored only once away this season - Suarez's strike against Sunderland earning them a point.
- Liverpool have earned just 20 points from 24 Premier League games in 2012.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool
- 18.38 %
Norwich City 0-2 Liverpool
- 17.55 %
Norwich City 1-3 Liverpool
- 10.26 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 4, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 19, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Liverpool 5|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 28, 2012||Norwich City 0 - Liverpool 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 22, 2011||Liverpool 1 - Norwich City 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Stoke 1||EPL|
|Mar 2, 2014||Aston Villa 4 - Norwich City 1||EPL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Feb 11, 2014||West Ham 2 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City FC 0||EPL|
Pretty much ran the show for Norwich in their game against Newcastle and needs to be in that kind of form if his side are to get on top of Steven Gerrard and Joe Allen.
Has the backing of his fellow goalkeepers at Liverpool after a dip in form and could do with a big performance to get himself back on track. Has not looked his best since Rafael Benitez left, and Brendan Rodgers will be desperate for his stability in his side as he looks to stop the rot.
Liverpool's lack of goals away from home and Norwich's knack of holding fort in front of their own fans could make a tight affair. The Reds have managed just one away goal so far this season, with Chris Hughton’s side conceding just one at home and I don’t see those records changing too much.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed