QPR - Chelsea Preview: Blues hoping to improve on last year's poor London derby record
Roberto Di Matteo's men took the fewest points from clashes with their rivals from the capital last term and will look to correct that against an Rs side yet to win a league game
By Tom McKeown
Bosingwa, Ferdinand, Onouha, Fabio
Wright-Phillips, Granero, Faurlin, Park
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Ramires, Mata, Hazard
QPR’s only injury concern for the visit of Chelsea is defender Anton Ferdinand (shoulder), but the centre-back is likely to shrug off the knock picked up in the 3-1 defeat at Manchester City and is set to start.
Mark Hughes has no fresh injury worries or suspensions to contend with, and could line up Nedum Onouha alongside Ferdinand after Ryan Nelsen played twice for New Zealand during the international break.
Chelsea duo John Terry and Ashley Cole (both ankle) picked up injuries on international duty for England and are doubts for the trip to Loftus Road, meaning Terry may not face Ferdinand for the first time since being acquitted of racially abusing the Rs defender.
Marko Marin (hamstring) is struggling to recover so is unlikely to make his Chelsea debut, but manager Roberto Di Matteo has no other injury problems ahead of the west London derby.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR's 5-0 opening day defeat at home to Swansea ended a run of five straight wins for the Rs at Loftus Road.
- Mark Hughes has only registered two wins in 14 attempts when managing against his former club.
- Chelsea’s 6-1 win over QPR in April was only the second time the Rs have conceded six goals in one Premier League game, with Fulham the only other side to score that many against them in October 2011.
- Bobby Zamora has made 11 appearances against the Blues, but has never got on the scoresheet.
- Chelsea had the worst record in London derbies of all the sides in the capital last season, picking up one point fewer than QPR.
- Chelsea have won just two of their last 10 Premier League away games, drawing four and losing four.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 0-3 Chelsea FC
- 20.83 %
QPR 1-3 Chelsea FC
- 15.17 %
QPR 0-2 Chelsea FC
- 10.66 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 2, 2013||Chelsea FC 0 - QPR 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 29, 2012||Chelsea FC 6 - QPR 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 28, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 23, 2011||QPR 1 - Chelsea FC 0|
|Apr 19, 2014||Leicester 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|Apr 12, 2014||QPR 5 - Nottingham Forest 2||ENG2|
|Apr 8, 2014||Blackburn 2 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|Apr 5, 2014||Bournemouth 2 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|Mar 29, 2014||QPR 1 - Blackpool 1||ENG2|
|35||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed