- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
|U de Chile||1.91||5.80||1.83||1.80||1.90||6.50||1.79||1.76|
Universidad de Chile - Boca Juniors Preview: Sampaoli's battlers prepare for the game of their life
The odds are stacked against the attacking Chileans, who must bounce back from their two-goal defeat in the opener for a chance to make their first Copa Libertadores final
By Daniel Edwards
UNIVERSIDAD DE CHILE
M. Rodriguez, Gonzalez, Rojas, Mena
Aranguiz, Diaz, Marino
Castro, Henriquez, Fernandes
Roncaglia, Schiavi, Caruzzo, Clemente
Ledesma, Somoza, Erviti
Universidad's hopes of overturning a two-goal deficit in the Estadio Nacional have taken a blow with the news that Gustavo Lorenzetti will not be fit to face Boca on Thursday. The Argentine suffered a foot injury and has been ruled out for the second leg. Jorge Sampaoli has therefore decided to switch to a 4-3-3 formation, but has insisted that it will be a very fluid system with Francisco Castro forming part of a three-man attack alongside Angelo Henriquez and Junior Fernandes. Albert Acevedo is also unavailable and is replaced by Guillermo Marino in midfield.
Boca make two changes from the team that triumphed 2-0 in the first leg at the Bombonera. Juan Manuel Insaurralde will vacate the centre of defence; in his place enters Matias Caruzzo, a Clausura champion with Argentinos Juniors in 2010. Elsewhere, the experience of Clemente Rodriguez is preferred at left-back, with the veteran coming in for Juan Sanchez Mino after regaining full fitness despite the youngster's goal in the opener.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Universidad de Chile have a lot of work to do if they wish to reach their first-ever Libertadores final. Goals from Santiago Silva and Juan Sanchez Mino condemned the disappointing Chileans to a 2-0 defeat in the first leg to put them on the brink of elimination.
- Remarkably, the semi-final was only the second match of the 2012 Copa that the U failed to score. The first came in a 2-0 Group 8 defeat at the hands of Atletico Nacional in Medellin.
- The club's 20 goals so far in the competition put them second only to Santos as the highest-scoring team, the Brazilians' tally of 22 swelled by their 8-0 destruction of Bolivar in the last-16.
- Boca Juniors, meanwhile, have found the net 18 times in the 2012 Copa. Second-choice centre back Juan Sanchez Mino (pictured right) is tied as their top scorer with Juan Roman Riquelme and strikers Santiago Silva and Pablo Mouche, each with three to their name.
- If the Xeneize go through it will be the 10th time they have appeared in the Libertadores final, equalling Penarol's record. Six of those have ended in triumph for the Argentine giants, a figure only exceeded by Independiente who have won each of their seven Copa finals.
- The club's last win came in 2007, in a 5-0 aggregate destruction of Gremio. Clemente Rodriguez, Pablo Ledesma and Juan Roman Riquelme in 2012 are all survivors of that final; while defender Rolando Schiavi was on the bench for the Brazilian team.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Universidad de Chile 3-0 Boca Juniors
- 23.1 %
Universidad de Chile 1-2 Boca Juniors
- 13.8 %
Universidad de Chile 1-1 Boca Juniors
- 7.89 %
|Copa Libertadores (CL)||Jun 22, 2012||Universidad de Chile 0 - Boca Juniors 0|
|Copa Libertadores (CL)||Jun 15, 2012||Boca Juniors 2 - Universidad de Chile 0|
|Universidad de Chile|
|May 12, 2013||Ñublense 1 - Universidad de Chile 3||CHI1|
|May 5, 2013||Universidad de Chile 3 - Colo Colo 2||CHI1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Antofagasta 4 - Universidad de Chile 2||CHI1|
|Apr 20, 2013||O'Higgins 2 - Universidad de Chile 2||CHI1|
|Apr 14, 2013||Universidad de Chile 0 - Palestino 0||CHI1|
|Returns:||U de Chile £58.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £39.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Boca Juniors £85.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|13||Matías Nicolás Rodríguez||Defender|
|8||Guillermo Andres Marino||Midfielder|
|10||Juan Román Riquelme||Midfielder|
|28||Juan Sánchez Miño||Midfielder|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed