- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
|U de Chile||4.33||81.00||4.50||4.00||4.60||60.00||3.90||4.28|
Boca Juniors - Universidad de Chile Preview: Libertadores semi kicks off in the Bombonera
The two teams prepare to clash for a place in the final of South America's most prestigious club competition, with the Xeneize enjoying home advantage in the first leg
By Daniel Edwards
Roncaglia, Schiavi, Insaurralde, S. Mino
Ledesma, Somoza, Erviti
UNIVERSIDAD DE CHILE
Gonzalez, Acevedo, Rojas
M. Rodriguez, Aranguiz, Diaz, Mena
Boca coach Julio Cesar Falcioni has made the surprise decision to include Pablo Mouche alongside Santiago Silva in attack. The attacker's future at the Bombonera is unclear after he publicly asked for a move following the quarter-final clash against Fluminense, but his pace is preferred to the skills of the on-loan Ajax man. There is one other switch due to an injury to Clemente Rodriguez, meaning highly-rated youngster Juan Sanchez Mino enters at left-back.
The U were boosted by a clean bill of health for their stars following Chile's back to back World Cup qualifying wins in the last week. No less than six of the squad were involved in La Roja's matches, as well as Matias Rodriguez who received a call to the Argentina team and Peru's Raul Ruidiaz, but Jorge Sampaoli counts on a full strength side and will line up in characteristically attacking fashion for the semi-final opener.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Boca Juniors and Universidad de Chile have met just twice in their histories, both games occurring in the 1963 Copa Libertadores.
- The Xeneize ran out 1-0 and 3-2 winners in that tie, meaning they enjoy a 100 per cent record over their Chilean opponents.
- Boca have lifted the Libertadores six times, an incredible four of those coming in the first decade of the 21st century. Universidad, meanwhile, have only ever reached the semi-final stage but broke their continental duck with 2011's Copa Sudamericana victory.
- The Bombonera will look rather familiar to one U star. Matias Rodriguez (pictured right) came through the Boca academy before arriving at Universidad via Uruguay's Nacional, but never played a game for the Argentine club.
- He is one of the two Argentines who make up the starting XI of Sampaoli, himself a Rosario native. Former Rosario Central playmaker Gustavo Lorenzetti also hails from the eastern side of the Andes.
- Boca meanwhile will have mixed thoughts on remembering Azul legend Marcelo Salas. The striker was scouted by the club before deciding to move to arch-rivals River Plate, and lifted a total of four major trophies with the Millo in two spells.
- Falcioni's men are chasing an historic treble in 2012. As well as the Libertadores, Boca are in the final of the Copa Argentina and also hold a one point lead at the top of the Clausura.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Boca Juniors 1-2 Universidad de Chile
- 17.76 %
Boca Juniors 2-0 Universidad de Chile
- 15.04 %
Boca Juniors 2-1 Universidad de Chile
- 9.76 %
|Copa Libertadores (CL)||Jun 22, 2012||Universidad de Chile 0 - Boca Juniors 0|
|Copa Libertadores (CL)||Jun 15, 2012||Boca Juniors 2 - Universidad de Chile 0|
|May 19, 2013||Boca Juniors 1 - Colon 0||AR1A|
|May 16, 2013||Corinthians 1 - Boca Juniors 1||CL|
|May 11, 2013||San Lorenzo 3 - Boca Juniors 0||AR1A|
|May 5, 2013||Boca Juniors 1 - River Plate 1||AR1A|
|May 2, 2013||Boca Juniors 1 - Corinthians 0||CL|
|Returns:||Boca Juniors £19.10||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £560.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||U de Chile £810.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|-||Juan Manuel Insaurralde||Defender|
|28||Juan Sánchez Miño||Midfielder|
|10||Juan Román Riquelme||Midfielder|
|13||Matías Nicolás Rodríguez||Defender|
|22||Gustavo Lorenzetti Espinosa||Midfielder|
|8||Guillermo Andres Marino||Midfielder|
|Juan Román Riquelme|
The iconic No. 10 is hungry for a fourth Copa Libertadores title, and at 33 years old is at the very top of his game as he leads Boca on the treble hunt. Will come on to his own at set-piece time, as his beautiful deliveries test an away defence that looks rather uncomfortable dealing with the dead ball.
|Matías Nicolás Rodríguez|
Returning to the Bombonera for the first time since leaving Boca as a teen without playing a game, Matias Rodriguez comes back to Argentina with a burgeoning reputation and a fierce desire to show what he can do on home soil. The battle between the explosive right winger and young Boca starlet Juan Sanchez Mino promises to be one of the most fascinating clashes of the evening.
The dynamic attack of the scintillating Universidad meets the disciplined Xeneize side who are also no strangers to the opposition net, and a cracking clash of styles should be in store. The U have made a habit of coming back from behind after failing to win in the first leg, and they may have to again as Boca look a good bet to sneak a narrow victory.
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed