- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Atletico Madrid - Lazio Preview: Diego Simeone's men can seal a place in the last 16 after their convincing victory in Rome last week
Goal.com previews the action as the Italian side look to overturn a 3-1 deficit in the Spanish capital, although they will have their work cut out against an in-form Atleti
By Enis Koylu
Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe
Arda, Adrian, Koke
Zauri, Ledesma, Dias
Gonzales, Matuzalem, Candreva, Lulic
Diego Simeone will be without the services of his Brazilian namesake, who has been ruled out for a month. However, the return of Arda Turan could prove timely to the Argentine, with the Turkish midfielder set to provide some creativity in the former Juventus man's absence.
Elsewhere, Atletico can name an unchanged team from the one that faced Sporting Gijon over weekend with Sergio Asenjo will miss the games for family reasons, and Antonio Lopez a prolonged absentee.
Lazio will be without a host of players for the trip to Madrid. Miroslav Klose is out with a back problem, while Tomasso Rocchi, Cristian Brocchi, Lorik Cana, Giuseppe Biava and Marius Stankevicius remain injured. The dearth of strikers could hand a start to 17-year-old Antonio Rozzi, who has made inroads into the first-team in recent weeks.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Atletico manager Diego Simeone represented the Italian side between 1999 and 2003.
- The Spanish side have won their last five home matches in European competition; meanwhile Lazio have failed to win in their last three away games.
- Arda Turan and Lorik Cana will be well-acquainted as were team-mates at Galatasaray last season.
- Spain has not been a happy hunting ground for Lazio - they have won just once in the Iberian nation.
- However, the Italians will have happy memories of facing a Spanish club - they beat Real Mallorca in the 1999 Uefa Cup final.
- The Roman club have never won the competition in its current guise, but they did win the Cup Winners' Cup in 1999, following the victory up with Super Cup glory three months later.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Atletico Madrid 2-0 Lazio
- 18.93 %
Atletico Madrid 0-3 Lazio
- 14.97 %
Atletico Madrid 2-1 Lazio
- 11.86 %
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Feb 23, 2012||Atletico Madrid 1 - Lazio 0|
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Feb 16, 2012||Lazio 1 - Atletico Madrid 3|
|Club Friendlies (FR)||Aug 4, 2007||Lazio 1 - Atletico Madrid 3|
|May 17, 2013||Real Madrid CF 1 - Atletico Madrid 2||ESPC|
|May 12, 2013||Atletico Madrid 1 - FC Barcelona 2||LIGA|
|May 8, 2013||Celta 1 - Atletico Madrid 3||LIGA|
|May 4, 2013||Deportivo 0 - Atletico Madrid 0||LIGA|
|Apr 27, 2013||Atletico Madrid 1 - Real Madrid CF 2||LIGA|
|Returns:||Atl. Madrid £15.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £110.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Lazio £610.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|2||Diego Godín Leal||Defender|