- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
International Friendly Preview: Egypt v Brazil
The Selecao's foreign-based players travel to Doha to take on the reigning Africa Cup of Nations champions in a friendly to raise money for famine-struck Somalia
By Tom Webber
Gomaa, Fathi, Fathallah
El Mohamady, Hassan, Ghaly, Abd Rabou, Razek
Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Luiz, Alex Sandro
Hernanes, L. Leiva, Fernandinho, B. Cesar
Mano Menezes looks set to make a small number of changes to the team that faced Gabon. Daniel Alves returns from suspension to replace Fabio, and Alex Sandro displaces Adriano on the opposite side. Thiago Silva comes in for Luisao as David Luiz is the only defender to hold on to his place. Menezes looks set to stick with the 4-4-2 formation that his side utilised against Gabon. Real Madrid team-mates Kaka and Marcelo withdrew from the squad due to injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last meeting between these two sides came in the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa. Brazil came out on top, earning a 4-3 victory.
- Bob Bradley will take charge of the Pharaohs for the first time since his appointment as manager.
- Egypt are due to take on Brazil in another friendly in February next year. This game is being used to raise money for famine victims in Somalia.
- Egypt are currently 24 spots below Brazil in the FIFA Ranking. In September 2010 there was just five places separating these two sides.
- The last time Brazil played in Doha they lost to arch-rivals Argentina 1-0, with Lionel Messi scoring the only goal.
- The Selecao have suffered just two defeats in 15 fixtures this calendar year. They also have eight victories and five draws.
- Brazil's starting line-up have only managed six international goals between them, five from Daniel Alves and one from Hernanes, scored in the previous game against Gabon.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Egypt 2-1 Brazil
- 14.54 %
Egypt 0-3 Brazil
- 10.25 %
Egypt 1-3 Brazil
- 10.12 %
|International Friendlies (FR)||Nov 14, 2011||Egypt 0 - Brazil 2|
|World - FIFA Confederations Cup (FCC)||Jun 15, 2009||Brazil 4 - Egypt 3|
|Mar 26, 2013||Egypt 2 - Zimbabwe 1||WCQ|
|Mar 22, 2013||Egypt 10 - Swaziland 0||FR|
|Mar 7, 2013||Qatar 3 - Egypt 1||FR|
|Feb 6, 2013||Chile 2 - Egypt 1||FR|
|Jan 14, 2013||Cote d'Ivoire 4 - Egypt 2||FR|
|Returns:||Egypt £710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £410.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Brazil £13.60||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|-||Ahmed Al Shenawy||Goalkeeper|
|8||Hosni Abd Rabou||Midfielder|
|18||Mahmoud Fadlallah (Shikabala)||Midfielder|
|-||Ahmed El Mohamady|
|-||Mohamed El Gabbas|
|4||Ahmed Saied Okka||Defender|
Though his chances at club level have been limited Zidan seems to always perform for his country. A technically gifted player with a keen eye for goal I would expect him to put in a good performance against strong opposition. The Borussia Dortmund striker scored twice when the teams last met in the 2009 Confederations Cup.
The stand-out player against Gabon he will hope for another strong performance to cement himself a spot in the squad. His immense passing ability and strength in the challenge make him an all-round solid midfielder who can play deep or higher up the pitch. He scored his first international goal in his last outing and will his infusion of vision and steel makes him an extremely accomplished player.
Brazil will face a much sterner task than they did in Libreville last Thursday and will need to vastly improve. They should still have the quality to see off the Pharaohs as Menezes will expect much more of his team. Hulk and Jonas will need to step it up and take their chances if they want to stay in the squad for future fixtures.
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed