- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Champions League Preview: Olympique Marseille v Olympiakos
The Ligue 1 giants head into matchday five in the knowledge that a win could seal their place in the last 16. Similarly, Valverde's men could be eliminated at Stade Velodrome
By Mohammed Ali
Azpilicueta, Diawara, N'Koulou, Morel
Lucho Gonzalez, Diarra, Cheyrou,
Ayew, Remy, Valbuena
Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Mellberg, Holebas
Fuster, Fetfatzidis, Mirallas
Olympique de Marseille boss Didier Deschamps is set to recall Mathieu Valbuena to the starting line-up after the diminutive winger sat out Saturday evening's 1-0 defeat to Montpellier. Lucho Gonzalez, who scored the winner when the sides met on matchday one in September, is also likely to return to the fold after coming off the bench at Stade de la Mosson.
Stephane Mbia has been out since August with a broken metatarsal, but the Cameroonian defender could be in contention after making the substitutes bench at the weekend. Rod Fanni is also out after breaking a toe against Arsenal last month, with Nicolas N'Koulou deputising in defence.
Ernesto Valverde has various injury concerns to contend with ahead of his side's do-or-die trip to France. Ariel Ibagaza, Jean Makoun (both knee) and Pablo Orbaiz (groin) have not made the journey, with Lubomir Fejsa overcoming a strained foot to take his place. Kevin Mirallas makes his second trip west after featuring for Belgium against France last week.
Tassos Papazoglou underwent surgery for a knee injury, with David Fuster and Djamel Abdoun travelling after recovering from recent knocks as the Greek champions look to prolong their stay in the Champions League.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Olympique de Marseille have won two out of four Champions League group games so far, with a 0-0 draw at the Emirates Stadium against Arsenal their last outing.
- L'OM are aiming to qualify for the last 16 for the second time in seven attempts. They achieved this last season on matchday five against Spartak Moscow, winning 3-0.
- Didier Deschamps' men won their last fixture at home against Olympiakos, 3-0 in the 1994-95 season.
- Olympiakos were defeated 1-0 away to Borussia Dortmund on matchday four.
- Ernesto Valverde's men have only won once in the Champions League this season, beating the German champions on matchday three.
- Olympiakos could be eliminated from all European competition if they are defeated and Borussia Dortmund beat Arsenal. They won't be able to qualify for the last 16 if they do not win.
- Similarly, Marseille can qualify on Wednesday if they defeat Olympiakos and Dortmund drop points against Arsenal. A draw will suffice if the English side beat Dortmund at the Emirates.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Olympique de Marseille 2-0 Olympiakos Piraeus
- 25.84 %
Olympique de Marseille 1-0 Olympiakos Piraeus
- 16.37 %
Olympique de Marseille 2-1 Olympiakos Piraeus
- 14.2 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 23, 2011||Olympique de Marseille 0 - Olympiakos Piraeus 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Sep 13, 2011||Olympiakos Piraeus 0 - Olympique de Marseille 1|
|Olympique de Marseille|
|May 18, 2013||AS Saint-Etienne 2 - Olympique de Marseille 0||FRA1|
|May 11, 2013||Olympique de Marseille 2 - Toulouse FC 1||FRA1|
|May 4, 2013||Olympique de Marseille 2 - SC Bastia 1||FRA1|
|Apr 27, 2013||FC Lorient 0 - Olympique de Marseille 1||FRA1|
|Apr 20, 2013||Olympique de Marseille 1 - Stade Brestois 29 0||FRA1|
|Returns:||Marseille £810.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Returns:||Draw £80.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Olympiakos £60.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|10||André Pierre Gignac||Striker|
|10||Rafik Zoheir Djebbour||Striker|
|Rafik Zoheir Djebbour|