- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Serie A Preview: Siena - Roma
The Giallorossi have turned a corner in recent weeks with a string of impressive performances but face stubborn opposition in the form of Giuseppe Sannino's plucky outfit
By Livio Caferoglu
Vitiello, Rossettini, Terzi, Del Grosso
Giorgi, Vergassola, Gazzi, Brienza
Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei
Simplicio, Viviani, Pjanic
The status quo is in the offing for Siena, who are expected to name an unchanged lineup from the XI that battled to a valiant 0-0 draw with Serie A leaders Juventus last Sunday. However, Zejlko Brkic and Francesco Bolzoni still require around a further fortnight to regain full fitness.
Meanwhile, for the visitors, Roma, coach Luis Enrique is set to make just two changes from the side that drew 1-1 with Catania midweek, as Simon Kjaer and Daniele De Rossi, who is suspended, are to be replaced by Gabriel Heinze and Federico Viviani.
However, Nicolas Burdisso and Pablo Osvaldo remain on the sidelines with injury, but should be back in contention by next week at the earliest.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Siena earned their first point in four meetings against Roma in the reverse fixture this season.
- The Tuscan side are winless in their last four games, scraping to just one win in 12.
- However, they are unbeaten in their last three home games, including the emphatic 4-0 drubbing of Lazio.
- Roma have scored in nine consecutive fixtures and boast Serie A's most prolific attack, with 36 goals scored.
- The Giallorossi have suffered just one defeat in their last nine matches.
- Roma shared points away from home for the first time on Wednesday in their 1-1 draw with Catania.
- These two sides drawn only twice in 15 meetings to date, but the Giallorossi lead the way with nine wins head-to-head.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Siena 0-2 Roma
- 24.17 %
Siena 0-3 Roma
- 15.69 %
Siena 1-3 Roma
- 13.61 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 28, 2013||Roma 4 - Siena 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 2, 2012||Siena 1 - Roma 3|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 13, 2012||Siena 1 - Roma 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 22, 2011||Roma 1 - Siena 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Jan 31, 2010||Roma 2 - Siena 1|
|May 19, 2013||Siena 1 - AC Milan 2||ITA1|
|May 12, 2013||SSC Napoli 2 - Siena 1||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||Siena 0 - Fiorentina 1||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||Catania 3 - Siena 0||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Roma 4 - Siena 0||ITA1|
|Returns:||Siena £32.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £120.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Roma £660.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|-||Cristiano Del Grosso||Defender|
|14||Alessandro Carlo Gazzi||Midfielder|
|6||Mariano de Almeida Angelo||Defender|
|30||Fabio Henrique Simplicio||Midfielder|
|9||Pablo Daniel Osvaldo||Striker|