Serie A Preview: Inter - Novara
The Nerazzurri will be looking to end their three-game winless streak in the league when Emiliano Mondonico's men arrive for their visit to San Siro on Sunday afternoon
By Max De Luca
Zanetti, Lucio, Ranocchia, Nagatomo
Poli, Stankovic, Cambiasso
Dellafiore, Lisuzzo, Centurioni, Garcia
Morganella, Pesce, Gemiti
Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder returned to training on Wednesday and is available after sitting out the 4-0 loss to Roma last Saturday with a leg injury. The Dutchman should slot in behind strikers Giampaolo Pazzini and Diego Milito.
Dejan Stankovic, Diego Forlan and Ricky Alvarez also trained with the first team during the week and could see the field against Novara.
Nerazzurri boss Claudio Ranieri will not be able to call on new signing Fredy Guarin, who is still nursing a calf injury or Walter Samuel who is struggling with a muscle problem.
Meanwhile, Novara coach Emiliano Mondonico will be without the services of Francesco Marianini, Takayuki Morimoto and Carlo Alberto Ludi due to injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter have conceded eight goals in their last two Serie A games after shipping just two in their previous eight matches.
- The Nerazzurri are unbeaten in their last five encounters at San Siro, winning four and drawing one.
- Ranieri's side have the fewest amount of draws, with three in 22 league games.
- Diego Milito (pictured right) is the home side's top scorer so far this season, with 13 goals in all competitions.
- Novara have failed to register a victory on the road in their 10 games away from the Stadio Silvio Pioli this term.
- Mondonico's men have failed to score in 10 of their 22 Serie A matches so far.
- Novara have kept only one clean sheet this season, the fewest in the league.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Internazionale 3-0 Novara
- 24.82 %
FC Internazionale 2-0 Novara
- 12.91 %
FC Internazionale 3-1 Novara
- 9.5 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 12, 2012||FC Internazionale 0 - Novara 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 20, 2011||Novara 3 - FC Internazionale 1|
|Dec 8, 2013||FC Internazionale 3 - Parma 3||ITA1|
|Dec 4, 2013||FC Internazionale 3 - Trapani 2||ITAC|
|Dec 1, 2013||FC Internazionale 1 - Sampdoria 1||ITA1|
|Nov 24, 2013||Bologna 1 - FC Internazionale 1||ITA1|
|Nov 9, 2013||FC Internazionale 2 - Livorno 0||ITA1|
|-||Iván Ramiro Córdoba||Defender|
|15||Pablo Hernan Dellafiore||Defender|
|-||Alberto Maria Fontana||Goalkeeper|
The Argentine striker leads the team in scoring with 12 goals and is enjoying a good run with six strikes in his last five games. The veteran will need to continue his hot streak in front of goal if Inter hope to snap their winless run.
Inter will be looking to exact a measure of revenge after their shock loss to the Serie A new boys earlier in the season and they should be able to take care of business at San Siro on Sunday.