Serie A Preview: Juventus v Cesena
Old Lady could make it 13 matches unbeaten under Antonio Conte with another decent showing on Sunday, but face the resurgent Seahorses, who have won their last two on the bounce
By Livio Caferoglu
Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie
Vidal, Pazienza, Marchisio
Pepe, Matri, Vucinic
Rodriguez, Benalouane, Von Bergen, Lauro
Ghezzal, Guana, Parolo, Martinho
Bianconeri coach Antonio Conte is expected to make two changes from the side that participated in the thrilling 3-3 draw against Napoli, as Paolo De Ceglie is set for a surprise start at left-back in place of Giorgio Chiellini, who in turn replaces Leonardo Bonucci. In addition, Andrea Pirlo will also be forced to sit the encounter out after accumulating a one-match ban, thus paving the way for Michele Pazienza to partner Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio in midfield.
Meanwhile, for the visitors, Cesena boss Daniele Arrigoni will be without Gianluca Comotto, Jorge Martinez and Giuseppe Colucci due to injury, while Luca Ceccarelli and Nicola Ravaglia are both suspended.
Unsurprisingly, the former Cagliari trainer will ring the changes from the XI that comprehensively disposed of Gubbio in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday. The alterations should see Ceccarelli, Luca Ricci, Tommaso Arrigoni, Antonio Candreva and Eder sacrified for the talents of Steve von Bergen, Marco Parolo, Abdelkader Ghezzal, Raphael Martinho and top scorer Adrian Mutu.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus winger Simone Pepe's goal against Napoli was the first time he had scored in three consecutive Serie A games.
- Striker Alessandro Matri has had a direct involvement in an impressive nine of his team's 22 goals.
- The Old Lady remain the only unbeaten side in Serie A this season, with seven wins and five draws.
- Despite collecting just three points from their previous 10 games, Cesena have tripled their points tally in the last two games.
- Three of Cesena's six goals in this campaign have been scored by Adrian Mutu.
- However, Cesena have won just two of their last 22 meetings against Juventus in the top-flight.
- The Seahorses' only win in Turin came in the 1987-88 campaign; they were awarded a 2-0 win after the game was abandoned.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 3-0 Cesena
- 33.58 %
Juventus 2-0 Cesena
- 18.25 %
Juventus 4-0 Cesena
- 13.61 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 25, 2012||Cesena 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 4, 2011||Juventus 2 - Cesena 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 12, 2011||Cesena 2 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 7, 2010||Juventus 3 - Cesena 1|
|Italy - Serie B (ITA2)||May 6, 2007||Cesena 2 - Juventus 2|
|Dec 18, 2013||Juventus 3 - Avellino 0||ITAC|
|Dec 15, 2013||Juventus 4 - Sassuolo 0||ITA1|
|Dec 11, 2013||Galatasaray 1 - Juventus 0||UCL|
|Dec 6, 2013||Bologna 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|Dec 1, 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||ITA1|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
|25||Steve von Bergen||Defender|
|-||Abdel Kader Ghezzal||Striker|