Serie A Preview: Siena v Juventus
The Turin outfit will look to continue their winning ways when they lock horns with Giuseppe Sannino's men in Tuscany on Sunday
|Siena (4-4-2): Brkic; Angelo, Rossettini, Terzi, Del Grosso; Mannini, Bolzoni, D'Agostino, Brienza; Calaio, Gonzalez
Siena coach Giuseppe Sannino will be without the services of defender Gabriele Angella and striker Reginaldo due to injury.
|Juventus (4-2-4): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Grosso; Marchisio, Pirlo, Pepe, Vucinic; Matri, Del Piero
Paolo De Ceglie will miss Sunday's encounter against his former side after receiving his marching orders late in the 4-1 win over Parma last weekend while Vincenzo Iaquinta is still nursing an injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Siena scored a league high 45 goals at the Artemio Franchi last season in Serie B.
- The Tuscan outfit held Juventus to a 3-3 draw in their last Serie A meeting in the 2009-10 campaign.
- Siena picked up a point against Catania in their first match since returning to Serie A.
- The top flight new boys have scored just two goals in their last six home fixtures against Juve.
- Juventus were victorious in the first Serie A match held in their new stadium last weekend.
- The Turin outfit have won 10 out of their last 12 games against Siena.
- Juve gave up only 16 goals on their road travels last season.
- Stephan Lichtsteiner and Arturo Vidal scored on their debuts for the Old Lady in the 4-1 win over Parma last Sunday.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Siena 0-3 Juventus
- 39.15 %
Siena 0-2 Juventus
- 23.25 %
Siena 1-3 Juventus
- 12.09 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 24, 2013||Juventus 3 - Siena 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 7, 2012||Siena 1 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 5, 2012||Juventus 0 - Siena 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 18, 2011||Siena 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 14, 2010||Juventus 3 - Siena 3|
|Dec 7, 2013||Siena 1 - Pescara 3||ITA2|
|Dec 3, 2013||Bologna 1 - Siena 2||ITAC|
|Nov 30, 2013||Modena 1 - Siena 1||ITA2|
|Nov 24, 2013||Carpi 0 - Siena 1||ITA2|
|Nov 17, 2013||Siena 2 - Spezia 0||ITA2|
|27||Cristiano Del Grosso||Defender|
|6||Mariano de Almeida Angelo||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
The former Udinese playmaker made a handful of appearances for Italy a few years back before injuries derailed his progress. The Serie A new boys will need a big performance from the 29-year-old if they are to shock their esteemed visitors on Sunday.
The veteran pulled the strings in midfield last weekend with his two assists helping Juve to an opening day victory over Parma. Expect more of the same from Italy playmaker on Sunday.
Juve have a good track record against Siena and should be able to take care of business in Tuscany to continue their winning start to the season.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed