Kaiserslautern - Borussia Dortmund Preview: Gotze set for return as Jurgen Klopp's men look to smash another Bundesliga record
BVB can equal Werder Bremen's landmark for most points gained on the road in the league with a victory over Krassimir Balakov's side on Saturday afternoon
By Vasil Kotsev
Dick, Abel, Rodnei, Bugera
Fortounis, Tiffert, De Wit, Sahan
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Gotze, Kagawa, Perisic
Kaiserslautern coach Krassimir Balakov will have to do without the services of a few key players ahead of the clash with the reigning Bundesliga champions. Defender Jan Simunek is recovering from an injury and will be joined on the sidelines by attacker Dorge Kouemaha.
Mario Gotze is expected to finally make his return from injury for BVB after being out of action since January 2012. He will replace Jakub Blaszczykowski in the starting XI as the Polish attacker has picked up an infection and will miss Saturday's game.
The last absentee for Borussia Dortmund is Julian Koch, who is unlikely to feature for Jurgen Klopp's men in the current campaign.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund have defeated Kaiserslautern just once in the 19 games between the two clubs at the Fritz Walter Stadion.
- Jurgen Klopp's men successfully defended their Bundesliga crown last week after a 2-0 win over Monchengladbach at the Signal Iduna Park.
- Dortmund can equal the league record for most away points in a season (37) with a victory on Saturday.
- Kaiserslautern have been relegated to the second tier of German football, the third time in their history they have been demoted from the Bundesliga.
- The Red Devils recorded their first league victory since late October 2011 last Saturday when they beat Hertha Berlin 2-1. It also ended a run of six straight league defeats.
- Despite Kaiserslautern's good home record against Dortmund, they have won just twice in their own backyard this season in the Bundesliga, against Mainz and Freiburg.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
1. FCK 0-3 Borussia Dortmund
- 16.41 %
1. FCK 0-2 Borussia Dortmund
- 15.46 %
1. FCK 0-4 Borussia Dortmund
- 13.36 %
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Apr 28, 2012||1. FCK 2 - Borussia Dortmund 5|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Dec 11, 2011||Borussia Dortmund 1 - 1. FCK 1|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Feb 12, 2011||1. FCK 1 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Sep 22, 2010||Borussia Dortmund 5 - 1. FCK 0|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Mar 19, 2006||Borussia Dortmund 2 - 1. FCK 1|
|Dec 3, 2013||Union Berlin 0 - 1. FCK 3||GERC|
|Nov 30, 2013||Dynamo Dresden 3 - 1. FCK 2||2.BL|
|Nov 23, 2013||1. FCK 3 - Union Berlin 0||2.BL|
|Nov 8, 2013||FSV Frankfurt 0 - 1. FCK 4||2.BL|
|Nov 2, 2013||1. FCK 4 - FC St. Pauli 1||2.BL|
|21||Pierre de Wit||Midfielder|
Kaiserslautern's player of the season in the previous campaign has failed to replicate his form this term, but his quality is undeniable. His superb vision and excellent delivery from set-pieces could cause plenty of trouble for BVB's rear guard.
The 19-year-old is set to return after a long recovery process, and will be keen to get some minutes under his belt before Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. The attacker will cause plenty of trouble for Kaiserslautern's defence with his technique and dribbling.
Despite having little to play for expect Dortmund to bag the three points on Saturday. Kaiserslautern will put up a fierce fight, but Jurgen Klopp's men have the quality to claim victory even if they are not giving their all.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed