Ligue 1 Preview: Brest - Paris Saint-Germain
The Ligue 1 leaders travel to Stade Francis-Le Ble as they continue their title charge against a side who are unbeaten at home. Goal.com previews the action
By Mohammed Ali
Baysse, Zebina, Martial , Lorenzi
Lesoimier, Grougi, Ben Basat
Ceara, Sakho, Bisevac, Maxwell
Jallet, Bodmer, Chantom
Stade Brestois boss Alex Dupont has a number of issues he'll have to juggle going into Saturday's match. Larsen Toure was ruled out for the rest of the season on Thursday, while destrucitive Colombian midfielder Jhon Jairo Culma is another crucial long-term casualty. On the other hand, Brahim Ferradj makes a long-awaited return to action, though probably only from the bench.
Star man Nolan Roux has left the club to join Ligue 1 champions Lille earlier in the week, and Zurich forward Alexandre Alphonse looks likely to fill the void up front as the club look to prolong their unbeaten run at the Stade Francis-Le Ble in the league.
On the other hand, Carlo Ancelotti is without Javier Pastore after the ex-Palermo midfielder limped off in the Coupe de France win over Sable last week. The Argentine international is expected to miss two weeks, leaving Ancelotti to tweak PSG's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.
Clement Chantome, back from a thigh injury could take his place in midfield with Kevin Gameiro returning to spearhead the attack after being named on the bench against Toulouse a fortnight ago.
New signing Maxwell continues to stand-in for Saka Tiene who is away at the Africa Cup of Nations as les Parisiens continue their charge towards the title.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Brest lie in 11th place in Ligue 1 with 24 points following their 1-0 win over Nice on matchday 20.
- Alex Dupont's men have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league encounters.
- Brest held les Parisiens to a 2-2 draw in this fixture last season. They are currently on a five match unbeaten run.
- Paris Saint-Germain occupy 1st place in Ligue 1 with 43 points after their 3-1 win over Toulouse in their previous outing.
- Les Parisiens, who remain three points ahead of Montpellier, have drawn five of their last visits to Stade Francis Le Ble.
- Despite that run, Brest last won against PSG in 1985.
- Interestingly, the capital club have failed to win any of their games in which Javier Pastore (right) has not featured in.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Stade Brestois 29 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain
- 19.67 %
Stade Brestois 29 1-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 18.03 %
Stade Brestois 29 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain
- 11.48 %
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||May 18, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Stade Brestois 29 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Dec 21, 2012||Stade Brestois 29 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 3|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Jan 28, 2012||Stade Brestois 29 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Sep 11, 2011||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - Stade Brestois 29 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Apr 24, 2011||Stade Brestois 29 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 2|
|Stade Brestois 29|
|Nov 29, 2013||Clermont Foot 1 - Stade Brestois 29 0||FRA2|
|Nov 21, 2013||Stade Brestois 29 0 - Chamois Niortais FC 4||FRA2|
|Nov 9, 2013||AC Arles 1 - Stade Brestois 29 0||FRA2|
|Nov 4, 2013||Stade Brestois 29 1 - ESTAC Troyes 1||FRA2|
|Oct 25, 2013||Le Havre 0 - Stade Brestois 29 1||FRA2|
|9||Eden Ben Basat||Striker|
|-||Mohamed Lamine Sissoko||Midfielder|