- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Ligue 1 Preview: Paris Saint-Germain v Lille
Goal.com previews the action as the Ligue 1 champions visit the Parc des Princes to face a PSG side who are widely tipped to take their crown come the end of the season
By Mohammed Ali
Ceara, Lugano, Sakho, Tiene
Menez, Pastore, Nene
Debuchy, Chedjou, Basa, Beria
Balmont, Mavuba, Pedretti
Cole, Sow, Hazard
Embattled Paris-Saint Germain boss Antoine Kombouare is unlikely to ring the changes after his players emerged unscathed in Wednesday's 4-2 Europa League victory over Athletic Bilbao.
Mamadou Sakho, Salvatore Sirigu and Mohamed Sissoko will be handed starts after the trio only made the bench in midweek. PSG will retain their usual 4-2-3-1 formation, with Javier Pastore providing the link to striker Kevin Gameiro, scorer of nine league goals this term.
Holders Lille travel to the capital with no major injury worries either. Tulio de Melo is still struggling with a torn hamstring, while Benoit Pedretti set for a starting berth after coming off the bench in last Sunday's 2-0 win over Dijon.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Paris Saint-Germain secured a narrow 1-0 win over Sochaux last weekend to stay in touch at the top.
- Les Parisiens have emerged victors in their last three home games against title-holders.
- Kevin Gameiro has averaged more than a goal a game against Lille when playing for FC Lorient.
- Antoine Kombouare's men were eliminated from the Europa League despite a 4-2 win over Athletic Bilbao, with Slovan Bratislava qualifying for the last 16 instead. PSG only have the Ligue 1 trophy and Coupe de France to compete for.
- Lille comfortably beat Dijon 2-0 on matchday 17.
- Les Dogues have fond memories of recent games against PSG. In this fixture in May, a 2-2 draw enabled Lille to win their first league title for more than 50 years.
- Furthermore, Rudi Garcia's men edged out les Parisiens in the 2011 Coupe de France Final to seal a memorable double.
- Rudi Garcia's side are on a run of 15 games unbeaten in the league - a club record.
- Similarly, Lille have not lost on the road in Ligue 1 since April against Monaco. They have also lost just twice away in the league in 2011.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 23.95 %
Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 14.37 %
Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 LOSC Lille Métropole
- 12.58 %
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Jan 27, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Sep 2, 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 1 - Paris Saint-Germain 2|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Apr 29, 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||Dec 18, 2011||Paris Saint-Germain 0 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (FRA1)||May 21, 2011||Paris Saint-Germain 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2|
|May 18, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Stade Brestois 29 1||FRA1|
|May 12, 2013||Olympique Lyonnais 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1||FRA1|
|May 5, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 1 - Valenciennes FC 1||FRA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Evian Thonon Gaillard 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1||FRA1|
|Apr 21, 2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - OGC Nice 0||FRA1|
|Returns:||PSG £75.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £32.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Lille £85.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|-||Mohamed Lamine Sissoko||Midfielder|
|24||Rio Antonio Mavuba||Midfielder|
What looks likely is both sides nullifying each other's attacking threats - a draw on the cards and an entertaining match in store.