Bundesliga Preview: Bayern Munich - Freiburg
The Bavarian giants have bounced back from their opening day defeat to Monchengladbach with three straight Bundesliga wins and will be looking for another against Freiburg
By Luke Matthews
|Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1)
Neuer; Rafinha, van Buyten, Badstuber, Lahm; Gustavo, Schweinsteiger; Muller, Kroos, Ribery; Gomez
Arjen Robben is unlikely to feature after his recent spell on the sidelines through injury as the Bavarian club are keeping one eye firmly on the midweek Champions League encounter against Villarreal. Toni Kroos is expected to feature in midfield which will be the youngster's 50th Bundesliga appearance. Rafinha could start at right-back with Jerome Boateng given a breather.
Baumann; Mujdza, Barth, Krmas, Bastians; Schuster, Caligiuri, Flum, Makiadi, Reisinger; Cisse
Coach Marcus Sorg is expected to name an unchanged starting line-up from the side that dismantled Wolfsburg 3-0 before the international break. The only injury doubt is right-back Mensur Mujdza who will face a late fitness test on a knee injury. If the Bosnian is ruled out, Johannes Flum will drop into defence with Maximilian Nicu stepping into midfield.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have won their last 11 games against Freiburg, the second longest winning spree against a side in the Bundesliga..
- The Bavarian club's Mario Gomez and Freiburg's Papiss Cisse were the two top goalscorers in the Bundesliga last season with both players once again leading the charts this campaign on four goals a piece.
- Jupp Heynckes' men have kept clean sheets in their last five competitive games.
- Freiburg have the worst record against Bayern in the Bundesliga, winning three, drawing four and losing 17 encounters against the giants of German football.
- The last time the side earned a point against the Bavarian club was in a 1-1 draw back in November 2000.
- Midfielder Cedric Makiadi has scored two goals already this season in comparison to last campaign where he failed to find the back of the net.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 4-0 SC Freiburg
- 25.75 %
FC Bayern München 3-0 SC Freiburg
- 25.21 %
FC Bayern München 3-1 SC Freiburg
- 10.41 %
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Aug 27, 2013||SC Freiburg 1 - FC Bayern München 1|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Apr 27, 2013||FC Bayern München 1 - SC Freiburg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Nov 28, 2012||SC Freiburg 0 - FC Bayern München 2|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Feb 18, 2012||SC Freiburg 0 - FC Bayern München 0|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Sep 10, 2011||FC Bayern München 7 - SC Freiburg 0|
|FC Bayern München|
|Dec 4, 2013||FC Augsburg 0 - FC Bayern München 2||GERC|
|Nov 30, 2013||FC Bayern München 2 - Eintracht Braunschweig 0||GER1|
|Nov 27, 2013||PFC CSKA Moskva 1 - FC Bayern München 3||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 0 - FC Bayern München 3||GER1|
|Nov 9, 2013||FC Bayern München 3 - FC Augsburg 0||GER1|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
After two impressive performances for the national side in the last week, the young creative midfielder will be full of confidence. This will be Kroos' 50th Bundesliga performance and expect the 21-year-old to pull the strings in the Bayern attack.
Alongside defensive partner Pavel Krmas, Barth will be a key figure for his side against Bayern on Saturday. He was in fine form against Wolfsburg a fortnight ago and will need to be at his best to restrict the home side's impressive attack.
With Freiburg's dismal record against the Bavarian giants, it is difficult to imagine anything other than a Bayern win. Heynckes looks to have shored the defence up while an attack of Ribery, Muller, Kroos and Gomez will be too much for Marcus Sorg's men to handle.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed