Tottenham - Norwich Preview: Hosts look to improve recent form and continue charge for Champions League place
Having now gone four games unbeaten, Spurs will be looking to take another three points at White Hart Lane against a Canaries side who have just won just once in their last eight
By Chris Teale
Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Sandro, Modric
Van der Vaart, Adebayor, Bale
Martin, R. Bennett, Ward, Drury
Bennett, Fox, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan
With a number of their key players replaced in the goalless draw away to Sunderland, Harry Redknapp is unlikely to make any changes to his side, with no new injury or suspension concerns to contend with.
Norwich manager Paul Lambert rarely makes alterations to his side, and despite the short space between games, is unlikely to change this policy.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured right) has been caught offside the most times in the Premier League this season, and is their leading goalscorer in the Premier League with 13 since joining on loan from Manchester City via Real Madrid.
- After their win over Swansea in their last home game, Tottenham have now achieved the rare feat of defeating teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland this season, having previously faced Hearts and Shamrock Rovers in the Europa League.
- The first meeting between these two sides this season was on December 27, and finished in a comfortable 2-0 win for Spurs at Carrow Road thanks to a brace from Welshman Gareth Bale.
- Both sides were founder members of the Premier League in the 1992-93 season, and in nine games played between the two, Norwich have only recorded one victory: a 3-1 win at White Hart Lane in the 1993-94 season.
- Tottenham’s Kyle Naughton is currently on loan to Norwich City, and has only made one appearance for his parent club, as a 94th minute substitute away to West Ham in August 2009.
- These two sides faced each other in the 1973 League Cup final at Wembley, with a 72nd minute goal from Ralph Coates handing Tottenham a 1-0 victory.
- Despite reaching 40 Premier League points thanks to their 2-2 draw at home to Everton, Norwich have only taken five points from their last six games, with a 2-1 win at home to Wolves helping lift them 12 points clear of the relegation zone.
- Norwich’s Adam Drury has been at the club since 2001, and is the only player in the squad who was part of the Canaries’ most recent season in the Premier League in 2004-05; he has been inducted into the Norwich City Hall of Fame.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 3-0 Norwich City
- 18.97 %
Tottenham 3-1 Norwich City
- 12.86 %
Tottenham 2-0 Norwich City
- 12.22 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 23, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 30, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 1|
|England - Capital One Cup(League Cup) (CCUP)||Oct 31, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Tottenham 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Norwich City 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||Chelsea FC 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Mar 2, 2014||Tottenham 1 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Feb 27, 2014||Tottenham 3 - Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1||EL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Feb 20, 2014||Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - Tottenham 0||EL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
|Rafael van der Vaart|
With Tottenham’s recent struggles in the Premier League, they will be hopeful their Dutch talisman can ignite their attacking play and give them an added potency at White Hart Lane after a disappointing run of results.
The frontman has been a revelation in his first season in the Premier League, and has caused problems for defences up and down the country. He could be problematic again, with his aerial threat and sheer strength likely to make life uncomfortable for Tottenham’s defence.
Having played out tough draws on Saturday, this game may be a struggle for both sides. However, with home advantage, Tottenham will be confident of reversing their recent poor form and returning to winning ways, and should have enough to see off the Canaries.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed